From Adam and Israel to the Church (Essential Studies In Biblical Theology Series)
What does it mean to be created in God's image? How has the fall affected this image? Who are the people of God? Addressing these core questions about spiritual identity, From Adam and Israel to the Church examines the nature...
You May Also Like
What does it mean to be created in God's image? How has the fall affected this image? Who are the people of God? Addressing these core questions about spiritual identity, From Adam and Israel to the Church examines the nature of the people of God from Genesis to Revelation through the lens of being created and formed in God's image. Benjamin Gladd argues that living out God's image means serving as prophets, priests, and kings, and he explains how God's people function in these roles throughout Scripture-from Adam and Eve to the nation of Israel, from Jesus to the church. The consistent call of the people of God is to serve as God's image-bearers in the world. This first volume in Essential Studies in Biblical Theology lays a foundation for subsequent volumes, introducing key biblical-theological themes such as temple, king, priest, prophet, creation, and redemption. Essential Studies in Biblical Theology (ESBT), edited by Benjamin L. Gladd, explore the central or "essential" themes of the Bible's grand storyline. Taking cues from Genesis 1-3, authors explore the presence of these themes throughout the entire sweep of redemption history. Written for students, church leaders, and laypeople, the ESBT offers an introduction to biblical theology.
- What Does It Mean To Be Created In God's Image? How Has The Fall Affected This Image? Who Are The People Of God? Addressing These Core Questions About Spiritual Identity, From Adam And Israel To The Church Examines The Nature Of The People Of God From Genesis To Revelation Through The Lens Of Being Created And Formed In God's Image. Benjamin Gladd Argues That Living Out God's Image Means Serving As Prophets, Priests, And Kings, And He Explains How God's People Function In These Roles Throughout Scripture-from Adam And Eve To The Nation Of Israel, From Jesus To The Church. The Consistent Call Of The People Of God Is To Serve As God's Image-bearers In The World. This First Volume In Essential Studies In Biblical Theology Lays A Foundation For Subsequent Volumes, Introducing Key Biblical-theological Themes Such As Temple, King, Priest, Prophet, Creation, And Redemption. Essential Studies In Biblical Theology (esbt), Edited By Benjamin L. Gladd, Explore The Central Or "essential" Themes Of The Bible's Grand Storyline. Taking Cues From Genesis 1-3, Authors Explore The Presence Of These Themes Throughout The Entire Sweep Of Redemption History. Written For Students, Church Leaders, And Laypeople, The Esbt Offers An Introduction To Biblical Theology.
- Author’s Preface
- 1. The Creation Of Adam
- 2. Fall And Restoration
- 3. Israel’s Creation And Fall
- 4. Israel’s Restoration In The “latter Days”
- 5. Jesus As King
- 6. Jesus As Priest
- 7. Jesus As Prophet
- 8. The Church As Kings
- 9. The Church As Priests
- 10. The Church As Prophets
- 11. The Church In The New Creation
- 12. Concluding Practical Reflections
- Author Index
- Scripture Index