From Pain to Power
Biblically sound, therapeutically valid help for women and teenage girls seeking recovery from the deep wounds of sexual violation. Sexual abuse is a global epidemic. In North America alone, some 42 million girls and women struggle with the trauma...
In Stock3 available
You May Also Like
Biblically sound, therapeutically valid help for women and teenage girls seeking recovery from the deep wounds of sexual violation.
Sexual abuse is a global epidemic. In North America alone, some 42 million girls and women struggle with the trauma of past or ongoing sexual abuse. Christians are not exempt from this evil. Women who suffer the effects of sexual violation will welcome Mary Ellen Mann's message of hope and empowerment, as well as her practical, proven steps toward overcoming sexual trauma.
From Pain to Power gives readers practical tools and practices to help overcome the effects of sexual trauma. Among the issues
addressed (along with solutions provided) are:
1. Am I a bad person who somehow deserved to be abused?
2. Did I do or say something to invite inappropriate sexual attention and violation?
3. Was I singled out for mistreatment due to a flaw in my character, or because my faith is weak, or as the result of some other personal failure?
4. If I didn't deserve the abuse, why am I still so destroyed by it?
5. Why did the violation come at the hands of someone I trusted: a family member, a friend, boyfriend, teacher, coach, professor, pastor, or youth leader?
6. Will I ever find a way to reclaim the person I once was?
7. Can I ever safely trust others again?
8. How can I live in freedom while constantly protecting myself from further violation?
9. How can I regain the peace, sense of security, and sense of self that were taken from me?
10. What does it mean to be royalty, a beloved daughter of the God most high, when I have been the target of sexual violation?
:Headline: Sexual violation was not your choice, but recovery is.
As a survivor of sexual trauma, you've likely experienced feelings of shame and confusion, and weakening of your faith and trust. It may feel like no one understands. And each day you're simply trying to survive.
But the reality is you are meant for much more than survival. You are born with the right to use the pain as a point of power and reclaim what was taken without permission-your true identity.
Author Mary Ellen Mann understands. She's been there. In From Pain to Power, she weaves personal story and years of research and counseling experience to provide comfort and respect, biblical insight, guided imagery, and self-care strategies. She will help you:
· Regain your power, safety, and sense of self
· Go to battle as a "Princess Warrior"
· Learn to trust your gut instinct again
· Protect yourself from further assault
· Reconcile your faith in God, who understands your doubt and anger
Mary Ellen Mann stands in your corner as you restore and honor your rightful femininity, find your voice of reason, and choose to live a legacy-filled life.
Includes tips and resources for spouses, parents, ministry leaders, and advocates who want to help survivors of sexual assault.
Mary Ellen Mann is a credentialed psychotherapist and a survivor of sexual trauma. She has counseled women and teenagers in private practice in Denver for fifteen years. Much of her work is done with survivors of sexual violation. Mary Ellen combines counseling expertise with the wisdom and compassion of a peer and fellow overcomer. She lives in Denver with her husband and their two sons.