Contents: Introduction; 1. Generation X and Religion: an Overview and Typology, Richard W. Flory and Donald E. Miller ; Section I: GenX Congregations; 2. Monday Night at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa; 3. When Two Worlds Collide: The Merging of GenX...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 9 to 11 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
Contents: Introduction; 1. Generation X and Religion: an Overview and Typology, Richard W. Flory and Donald E. Miller ; Section I: GenX Congregations; 2. Monday Night at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa; 3. When Two Worlds Collide: The Merging of GenX Culture and Conservative Religion, Lori Jensen ; 4. Sunday Night Fever: The Church Inside Club Walls, LaDawn Prieto ; 5. Slam Dancing for Jesus: The Mosh Pit Gospel Hour; Section II: community, Group Identity and Individual Expression; 6. Losing Life to Save It: Religion and Solidarity in the City, Tim Sato ; 7. Marked for Jesus: Sacred Tattooing Among a 'New Generation' of Evangelicals, Lori Jensen, Richard W. Flory and Donald E. Miller ; 8. Slipping into Darkness: Popular Culture and the Creation of a Latino Evangelical Youth Culture, Arlene Sanchez Walsh ; 9. A Garden Enclosed: Field Notes from a Sexual Purity Seminar, Brenda Brasher ; 10. Spirituality Bites: Gothic X'ers and Vampire Culture, Julia Winden Fey ; 11. Creating Campus Communities: Korean-American Ministries at UCLA, Sharon Kim ; 12. The Traditional as Alternative: The GenX Appeal of the International Church of Christ, Greg Stanczak ; Conclusion; 13. Toward a Theory of GenX Religion, Richard W. Flory and Donald E. Miller
GenX Religion is the first in-depth collection on this generation's religious experience. The contributors, mostly GenXers themselves, offer both a disciplined methodology and a valuable insider's sensitivity as they examine the differences between GenX religion and "traditional" religious avenues.
Miller is General Secretary of Church of the Brethren General Board in Elgin, Illinois.
- Introduction: Understanding Generation X: Values, Politics, And Religious
- Commitments, Donald E. Millar And Arpi Misha Miller. Part I: Spirituality
- Marked For Jesus - Sacred Tattooing Among Evangelical Gen Xers, Lori
- Jensen , Richard W. Flory , Donald E. Miller
- Spirituality Bites - Xers And The Gothic Culture, Julia Winden Fey. Part
- Ii: Genx Multicultures: Sunday Night Fever - (an) Urban Mosaic In
- Shangri-la, Ladawn Prieto
- Slipping Into Darkness - Popular Culture And The Creation Of A Latino
- Evangelical Youth Culture, Arlen S Anchez Walsh
- Creating Campus Communities: Korean-american Ministries At Ucla, Sharon
- The Traditional As Alternative - The Gen-x Appeal Of The International
- Church Of Christ Gregory, C. Stanczak. Part Iii: Community And
- When Two Worlds Collide - Generation X Culture And Conservative
- Evangelicalism, Lori Jensen
- Saturday Night In Pasadena - Wholeness, Healing And Holiness At Harvest
- Rock Church, Douglas Hayward
- Spirit Made Flesh - The Tangible Spirituality Of 'll Prime Time',
- Kimberley Leaman Algallar And Richard W. Flory
- "friday Night Live: It's Not Your Parents", Shabbat' J. Liora Gubkin
- Losing Life To Save It - An "insider" Ethnography Of The Church Of The
- Redeemer Community In South Central Los Angeles, Timothy Sato
- Conclusion: Toward A Theory Of Generation X Religion, Richard W. Flory.