Christianity seems to be in decline in the West. But many churches in Asia, Africa, Latin America and other parts of the Majority World are growing rapidly. Western Christianity can no longer claim to be the center of the global...
You May Also Like
Christianity seems to be in decline in the West. But many churches in Asia, Africa, Latin America and other parts of the Majority World are growing rapidly. Western Christianity can no longer claim to be the center of the global church. Before long, two-thirds of Christians will live in Asia, Africa and Latin America. What does this mean for global Christian mission? What does it mean for worship, theology, faith and evangelism in the West?In GlobalChurch, Graham Hill engages with more than one hundred high-profile Majority World Christian leaders to find out what they can teach the West about mission, leadership, hospitality, creation care, education, worship and more. He challenges the Western church to move away from a Eurocentric and Americentric view of church and mission, and he calls the church to construct global missional conversations. The future of the global church?including the churches of the West?exists in these global exchanges.GlobalChurch is an indispensible guide for the church as it navigates the unique global experiences of the twenty-first century.
Graham Hill is Senior Lecturer in Applied and Pastoral Theology at Morling College in Sydney, Australia (a theological college affiliated with the MCD University of Divinity and the Australian College of Theology). He is the author of Salt, Light, and a City: Introducing Missional Ecclesiology (Wipf & Stock, 2012). Graham's ministry experiences include church planting, pastoring in a large growing congregation, and coaching pastors and planters of missional experiments.
- Christianity Seems To Be In Decline In The West. But Many Churches In Asia, Africa, Latin America And Other Parts Of The Majority World Are Growing Rapidly. Western Christianity Can No Longer Claim To Be The Center Of The Global Church. Before Long, Two-thirds Of Christians Will Live In Asia, Africa And Latin America. What Does This Mean For Global Christian Mission? What Does It Mean For Worship, Theology, Faith And Evangelism In The West?in <em>globalchurch</em>, Graham Hill Engages With More Than One Hundred High-profile Majority World Christian Leaders To Find Out What They Can Teach The West About Mission, Leadership, Hospitality, Creation Care, Education, Worship And More. He Challenges The Western Church To Move Away From A Eurocentric And Americentric View Of Church And Mission, And He Calls The Church To Construct Global Missional Conversations. The Future Of The Global Church?including The Churches Of The West?exists In These Global Exchanges. This Resource Engages With The Work And Thought Of Majority World Theologians And Missiologists Including <ul> <li>simon Chan</li> <li>ruth Padilla Deborst</li> <li>samuel Escobar</li> <li>ajith Fernando</li> <li>makoto Fujimura</li> <li>gustavo Guti Rrez</li> <li>emmanuel Katongole</li> <li>nelson Mandela</li> <li>vishal Mangalwadi</li> <li>c. Ren Padilla</li> <li>lamin Sanneh</li> <li>sadhu Sundar Singh</li> <li>vinoth Ramachandra</li> <li>amos Yong</li> </ul> <em>globalchurch</em> Is An Indispensible Guide For The Church As It Navigates The Unique Global Experiences Of The Twenty-first Century.
- <strong>part I: Salt: Reshaping Our Conversations</strong>
- 2. Glocalizing Conversations
- <strong>part Ii: Light: Renewing Our Mission</strong>
- 3. Contextualizing Mission4. Liberating People5. Showing Hospitality6. Embracing The Spirit7. Caring For Creation8. Living Ethically9. Transforming Neighborhoods
- <strong>part Iii: City: Revitalizing Our Churches</strong>
- 10. Indigenizing Faith11. Devouring Scripture12. Renewing Education13. Practicing Servantship14. Recovering Community15. Developing Spirituality And Discipleship16. Globalchurch: Embracing A New Narrative
- Appendix 1: Globalchurch Project Video Seriesappendix 2: Study Guideappendix 3: Who Are These Majority World And Indigenous Thinkers?appendix 4: Resources And Glossary At Grahamhillauthor.comauthor Indexsubject Index