:Everyone talks about the personal ministry of the Word, but how do we make one-another ministry truly biblical? Gospel-Centered Counseling equips readers to change lives with Christ's changeless truth. It does so by examining life's seven ultimate questions and then...
Available Now.6 Available
You may also like
:Everyone talks about the personal ministry of the Word, but how do we make one-another ministry truly biblical? Gospel-Centered Counseling equips readers to change lives with Christ's changeless truth. It does so by examining life's seven ultimate questions and then guiding readers on a journey that explores the biblical, gospel-centered narrative of: The Word: ?What is truth?? ?Where can I find answers?? The Trinity: ?Who is God?? ?Can I know Him personally?? Creation: ?Who am I?? ?What makes people tick?? Fall: ?What went wrong?? ?Why do we do the things we do?? Redemption: ?Can I change?? ?How do people change?? Glorification: ?Where am I headed?? ?How does our future destiny impact our present reality?? Sanctification: ?How can I help?? ?How can I change lives?' Bob Kellemen builds on the foundation of the written Word and provides a gospel-centered resource for understanding people, diagnosing problems, and prescribing biblically-based solutions. Gospel-Centered Counseling is the first volume in The Equipping Christian Counselors Series, a comprehensive relational training curriculum for the local church that provides a model for equipping God's people to change lives with Christ's changeless truth. This two-volume series weaves together comprehensive biblical insight with compassionate Christian engagement.
- :introduction: Changing Lives With Christ?s Changeless Truth
- Question # 1: God?s Word---where Do We Find Answers?
- Chapter 1: Mining The Richness Of God?s Word---treasury Of Wisdom
- Chapter 2: Nourishing The Hunger Of The Soul: Truth And Love Must Kiss
- Question #2: The Trinity---who Is God?
- Chapter 3: Knowing The Creator Of The Soul: Our Great Soul Physician
- Chapter 4: Understanding The Most Important Factor About Us: Our View Of God
- Chapter 5: Engaging The Battle For Our Soul: Spiritual Warfare
- Question #3: Creation---who Am I?
- Chapter 6 Seeing People Through The Eyes Of Christ: The Lens Of Scripture
- Chapter 7: Examining The Spiritual Anatomy Of The Soul: Reflecting Christ
- Question #4: Fall---what Went Wrong?
- Chapter 8: Diagnosing The Fallen Condition Of The Soul: Why We Do What We Do
- Chapter 9: Finding Christ?s Healing Hope: Not The Way It?s Supposed To Be
- Question #5: Redemption---how Does God Change People?
- Chapter 10: Prescribing God?s Cure For The Soul; Part 1: Our New Nurture
- Chapter 11: Prescribing God?s Cure For The Soul; Part 2: Our New Nature
- Question # 6: Sanctification---how Do People Change?
- Chapter 12: Dispensing Grace: Gospel Indicatives And Gospel Imperatives
- Chapter 13: Putting Off Ad Putting On: Progressive Sanctification
- Question #7: Consummation---how Does The End Of The Story Impact My Story?
- Chapter 14: Reading The End Of The Story: It Will Be Worth It All
- Conclusion: How Christ Changes Lives
- Bibliography: Works Cited And Consulted
- Author And Subject Index
- Scripture Index