Gospel Revolution: Recovering the Power of Christianity Leader Kit
Gospel Revolution: Recovering the Power of Christianity - Leader Kit is an 8-session discipleship experience that leads group members to understand how to let the gospel work in their hearts the way religion never has or could. On a journey...
Unavailable. Out of Print. Only available while stock lasts.Out of Print
You may also like
Gospel Revolution: Recovering the Power of Christianity - Leader Kit is an 8-session discipleship experience that leads group members to understand how to let the gospel work in their hearts the way religion never has or could. On a journey to greater understanding of the gospel, Pastor J.D. Greear ran through all the religious activities typically associated with a disciple's life: giving, adopting, missionality, preaching, and witnessing. Though disciplined and intentional in all aspects, only when J.D. "discovered" the gospel of Jesus Christ did everything change. That's why the objective of Gospel Revolution is to help group members abide in Jesus. They will find that when they do, passion, self-control, kindness, patience, and generosity are the natural results. Marriages will change. Participants will become more self-disciplined. They will be less selfish. Not by concentrating on these things, but as a result of being captivated by the love of Christ. (8 sessions)
An integral part of this transformational is the four-part Gospel Prayer. Far from another ritual, the Gospel Prayer is a reflection of faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ and includes eight aspects that are identified in the book on which the Bible study is based:
* Gospel Change: Two kinds of change - religious change and gospel change. God is not just after obedience; He's after a new kind of obedience.
* Gospel Discovery: As we become more captivated and more in awe of God, we discover the power of the gospel. Our behavior changes naturally as we not only believe but become the gospel.
* Gospel Acceptance: "There is nothing I can do that would make You love me more, and nothing I have done, or could do, that would make You love me less."
* Gospel Approval: "Your presence and approval are all I need today for everlasting joy."
* Gospel Response: "Father, as You have been to me, so I will be to others."
* Gospel Faith: "I'll measure Your willingness to save by the cross and Your ability to save by the resurrection and pray accordingly."
* Substitute Gospels: We often highlight some "good thing" at the expense of the gospel. We've taught error by emphasizing what we are to do for God more than what He has done for us.
* Gospel Depth: Christian growth is never going beyond the gospel but going deeper into the gospel. As you continue to see more of the glory of God through the cross, you will continue to change and grow into Christlikeness.
* Kit includes Gospel trade book, a Member Book, two DVDs, and one CD-ROM.
* DVDs feature an introduction, promotional video, and eight 20-minute teaching videos, as well as an interview with J.D.
* CD-ROM includes leader guide; sermon ideas for pastors; and a campaign guide and publicity tools such as a poster, media slides, web banners, and more.
* Includes a 40-day Bible reading plan through the Gospels.
* Easy to lead and to promote.
* Ideal for small groups.
Group members will find that when they abide in Jesus, passion, self-control, kindness, patience, and generosity are the natural results.
J.D. Greear, PhD, is an author and the lead pastor at the Summit Church in North Carolina, one of the top 20 fastest growing churches in America. His books include Breaking the Islam Code (Harvest House) and GOSPEL: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary (B&H).