Grand Central Question: Answering the Critical Concerns of the Major Worldviews
All religions and worldviews seek to answer the fundamental questions of human existence: Why am I here? What does it mean to be human? Why is there evil in the world and how do we deal with it? But not...
Available Now.8 Available
You may also like
All religions and worldviews seek to answer the fundamental questions of human existence: Why am I here? What does it mean to be human? Why is there evil in the world and how do we deal with it? But not every worldview places equal emphasis on each issue. The main worldviews each tend to stress a different central question.Secular humanism focuses on: What is the inherent value of human beings?Pantheism emphasizes: How do we escape suffering?Islam's main concern is: How is God great? Abdu Murray digs deeply into these three representatives of major worldviews of our day: atheism, pantheism and theism. This lawyer and former Muslim brings compassion, understanding and clarity to his analysis, comparing the answers of each view to the central message of Christianity.
A former Muslim, Abdu H. Murray has spoken internationally and on TV shows on the Inspiration Network. He is co-founder of Altheia International, an outreach organization, and is active with a number of organizations and ministries, including the Evangelical Philosophical Society, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, and Campus Crusade for Christ. Murray practices law in the Detroit area. He is the author Apocalypse Later: Why the Gospel of Peace Must Trump the Politics of Prophecy in the Middle East .
- :foreword By Josh Mcdowell
- Prologue: What Truth Costs--what Truth Is Worth
- 1. Grand Central Questions
- <strong>part I: Secular Humanism Or The Gospel--which Provides Us With Intrinsic Value And Objective Purpose?</strong>
- 2. Secular Humanism: The Secular Search
- 3. Saying Nothing As Loud As We Can
- 4. Will The Real Humanism Please Stand Up?
- <strong>part Ii: Eastern & Western Spirituality Or The Gospel--which Gives Real Answers To Suffering?</strong>
- 5. Pantheism And Pain
- 6. Escaping The Escapism
- <strong>part Iii: Islam Or The Gospel--which Tells Us About God's Greatness?</strong>
- 7. From Whence Comes God's Greatness?
- 8. God's Greatness And The Preservation Of The Gospel
- 9. God's Triune Greatness
- 10. Greatness Incarnate
- Epilogue: A Worldview That Views The Whole World