Winner of a 2006 Chicago Book Clinic Award of Excellence God is back on the agenda. Today people are fascinated by spirituality, and they have lots of questions. Who better to talk with them than Christians? Trouble is,...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Winner of a 2006 Chicago Book Clinic Award of Excellence
God is back on the agenda. Today people are fascinated by spirituality, and they have lots of questions. Who better to talk with them than Christians? Trouble is, many of us don't know how to talk about our faith or are uneasy about religious salesmanship and canned evangelistic formulas. We are afraid of button-holing others, being offensive or saying something wrong. We simply don't know how to express our faith naturally--in everyday language. In Holy Conversation Richard Peace teaches us how to engage in easy and comfortable conversation about the good news of Jesus--the pressure is off. Using small, easy steps, he explains the gospel in plain language and encourages us in practical ways to share our faith with friends, neighbors and colleagues. Written as a guide for small groups, Holy Conversation is designed to be completed in twelve weekly sessions (other options are provided). Not only do group members read about holy conversation, they actually engage one another in spiritual conversation. This is the ideal resource for helping laypeople to become competent and confident Christian conversationalists!
Richard Peace (M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary; Ph.D., URichard Peace (M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary; Ph.D., University of Natal, South Africa) is Robert Boyd Munger Profniversity of Natal, South Africa) is Robert Boyd Munger Professor of Evangelism and Spiritual Formation at Fuller Theoloessor of Evangelism and Spiritual Formation at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, where he has taught gical Seminary in Pasadena, California, where he has taught since 1994. His books include Conversion in the New Testamensince 1994. His books include Conversion in the New TestamenC
- <ul> <li>winner Of A 2006 Chicago Book Clinic Award Of Excellence</li> </ul> God Is Back On The Agenda. Today People Are Fascinated By Spirituality, And They Have Lots Of Questions. Who Better To Talk With Them Than Christians? Trouble Is, Many Of Us Don't Know How To Talk About Our Faith Or Are Uneasy About Religious Salesmanship And Canned Evangelistic Formulas. We Are Afraid Of Button-holing Others, Being Offensive Or Saying Something Wrong. We Simply Don't Know How To Express Our Faith Naturally--in Everyday Language. In <em>holy Conversation</em> Richard Peace Teaches Us How To Engage In Easy And Comfortable Conversation About The Good News Of Jesus--the Pressure Is Off. Using Small, Easy Steps, He Explains The Gospel In Plain Language And Encourages Us In Practical Ways To Share Our Faith With Friends, Neighbors And Colleagues. Written As A Guide For Small Groups, <em>holy Conversation</em> Is Designed To Be Completed In Twelve Weekly Sessions (other Options Are Provided). Not Only Do Group Members Read About Holy Conversation, They Actually Engage One Another In Spiritual Conversation. This Is The Ideal Resource For Helping Laypeople To Become Competent And Confident Christian Conversationalists!
- <strong>getting A Fix On The Problem</strong>
- 1. People On A Spiritual Pilgrimage
- 2. Stories Of The Presence Of God
- 3. Really Good News
- <strong>talking About</strong>
- 4. Talking About Jesus
- 5. Talking About Need
- 6. Talking About Sin
- 7. Talking About Repentance
- 8. Talking About Confession
- 9. Talking About Believing
- 10. Talking About Believing In Jesus
- 11. Talking About Commitment
- <strong>putting It All Together</strong>
- 12. Holy Conversation
- A Summary Of Key Concepts
- Notes For Small Group Leaders
- Holy Conversation: The Original Article