Hospitality (Lifeguide Bible Study Series)
The word hospitality brings to mind tables filled with cookies and pots of good coffee. Offering food to friends is a wonderful ministry indeed, but the biblical concept of hospitality is much deeper and more significant. In these studies by...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
The word hospitality brings to mind tables filled with cookies and pots of good coffee.
Offering food to friends is a wonderful ministry indeed, but the biblical concept of hospitality is much deeper and more significant. In these studies by Patty Pell, you'll discover the Old Testament call to hospitality as the distinguishing feature of those who are in relationship with God, the outward-focused expression of the grace and provision that one has received from God. In the New Testament the extension of life, provision and protection is expanded as Jesus unpacks image after image of the kingdom of God in the language of host and guests.
Come and discover God's call to hospitality.
Patty Pell (M.A., Denver Seminary) is a staff worker with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship on the campus of the University of Northern Colorado and at Christ Community Church in Greeley, Colorado. She is the author of Esther and Hospitality in the LifeGuide Bible Study series and a co-author of Small Group Leaders' Handbook Most recently she has undertaken producing the multivolume N. T. Wright for Everyone Bible Studies.
- Getting The Most Out Of <em>hospitality</em>
- 1. Hosting The Traveler - <em>genesis 18:1-16; Exodus 2:15-22</em>
- 2. Loving Out Of Remembrance - <em>deuteronomy 10:12-22; 24:10-22</em>
- 3. Kindness Beyond Expectations - <em>ruth 2; 4:13-22</em>
- 4. A Heart Of Hospitality - <em>psalm 146</em>
- 5. Fasting The Lord's Way - <em>isaiah 58</em>
- 6. Dwelling In Service - <em>matthew 25:31-46</em>
- 7. Offering Your Resources <em>mark 6:30-44</em>
- 8. Feasting Through Sacrifice - <em>luke 22:7-30</em>
- 9. Destroying Barriers - <em>acts 10</em>
- Leader's Notes