How Can I Care For Creation? (Little Book Of Guidance Series)
-Primer for faithfully engaging in the care of creation -Accessible and useful for everyday life Care and justice for all creation is a core value of The Episcopal Church and part of the Jesus Movement. As part of our baptismal...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
-Primer for faithfully engaging in the care of creation -Accessible and useful for everyday life Care and justice for all creation is a core value of The Episcopal Church and part of the Jesus Movement. As part of our baptismal covenant and our prayers, we are called to love and care for God's creation. This book is a simple guide to caring for creation in everyday life. The Episcopal Church has been engaged in environmental ministries for over four decades as a moral and ethical voice, encouraging a deep love of the earth. As climate change becomes an even more pressing issue and localized environmental injustices increase, how can we continue and strengthen this faith-based environmental effort as a central tenant of the Jesus Movement? This book is a short primer on how individuals can faithfully engage in care of creation. From suggestions for deepening spiritual practices to personal actions to advocacy in the public sphere, readers will be inspired and empowered to place the care of God's earth at the center of their ministry.
- <p>introduction<br />
- Chapter 1: What Does The Bible Say?<br />
- Chapter 2: Our Separation From God, Nature, And Each Other<br />
- Chapter 3: A Short Primer On Eco-theology<br />
- Chapter 4: The Episcopal Church In Caring For Creation<br />
- Chapter 5: What Can One Person Do?<br />
- Chapter 6: How Can I Green My Congregation?<br />
- A Few Final Thoughts<br />
- A Mini-retreat For Eco-ministry<br />
- Resources For Creation Care</p>