How to Revive Evangelism
In a post-Christian, post-modern, post-truth society where Jesus followers aren't often well regarded, modern evangelism approaches are eroding and increasingly ineffective. Christians often talk more than we listen, confront when we should converse, and demand that people believe before they...
You May Also Like
In a post-Christian, post-modern, post-truth society where Jesus followers aren't often well regarded, modern evangelism approaches are eroding and increasingly ineffective. Christians often talk more than we listen, confront when we should converse, and demand that people believe before they belong. We need a compelling way to share our faith that combines the timeless practices of Jesus with timely perspectives about our post-everything era.
Author and Executive Director of Alpha US Craig Springer believes that reaching non-Christians is possible, but only if we are willing to shift our perspectives, abandon ineffective methodologies, and consider the unique cultural moment in which we are living. In How to Revive Evangelism, he shares the often-overlooked evangelistic approaches of Jesus himself and demonstrates how returning to these fundamentals are key to reviving evangelism in the 21st century. Incorporating groundbreaking and often startling data, Springer offers Christians seven shifts in how to share their faith with friends and family members, neighbors and coworkers which create greater potential for life change.
Craig Springer is the Executive Director of Alpha USA, a program that runs in over 6,500 churches across every major denomination and 500 prisons throughout the country. Alpha mobilizes over 50,000 volunteers and 360,000 participants annually in the US and over 1.3 million globally. Alpha is a simple idea of a great meal, a short talk and a meaningful discussion about life and faith over ten weeks. It is for people with questions, frustrations and serious doubts about spirituality, the church, the direction of their lives or anything in-between. The key to Alpha is listening - it's a judgement-free space where any point of view is respected, no one gets corrected and people can explore their thoughts together.Craig has been a leader and pastor in influential churches in Chicago and Denver, one of which was named Outreach Magazine's 2014 Fastest Growing Church in America. Craig and his wife, Sarah, also spent a number of years church planting in Prague, Czech Republic. Craig lives in the Denver area and is a passionate hack at every mountain sport you can name. He and Sarah have been married for 19 years, have two, full-hearted children and one very spoiled beagle.
- <p>in A Post-christian, Post-modern, Post-truth Society Where Jesus Followers Aren't Often Well Regarded, Modern Evangelism Approaches Are Eroding And Increasingly Ineffective. Christians Often Talk More Than We Listen, Confront When We Should Converse, And Demand That People Believe Before They Belong. We Need A Compelling Way To Share Our Faith That Combines The Timeless Practices Of Jesus With Timely Perspectives About Our Post-everything Era.</p> <p>author And Executive Director Of Alpha Us Craig Springer Believes That Reaching Non-christians Is Possible, But Only If We Are Willing To Shift Our Perspectives, Abandon Ineffective Methodologies, And Consider The Unique Cultural Moment In Which We Are Living. In <em>how To Revive Evangelism</em>, He Shares The Often-overlooked Evangelistic Approaches Of Jesus Himself And Demonstrates How Returning To These Fundamentals Are Key To Reviving Evangelism In The 21st Century. Incorporating Groundbreaking And Often Startling Data, Springer Offers Christians Seven Shifts In How To Share Their Faith With Friends And Family Members, Neighbors And Coworkers Which Create Greater Potential For Life Change.</p>
- 1 | Hungry For More, Not Just Hoping For Many (~6,000 Words)
- 2 | Belonging, Not Just Welcoming (~6,000 Words)
- 3 | Conversation, Not Just Proclamation (~6,000 Words)
- 4 | Fruitful, Not Just Factual (~6,000 Words)
- 5 | We, Not Just Me (~6,000 Words)
- 6 | Experience, Not Just Explanation (~6,000 Words)
- 7 | Unity, Not Just Uniformity (~6,000 Words)
- + | Called To Share (~3,000 Words)