Illustrated Bible Survey introduces all the books of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Based on more than thirty years of scholarly research and classroom teaching, editors Ed Hindson, Elmer Towns, and scholars from Liberty University provide a visually...
You May Also Like
Illustrated Bible Survey introduces all the books of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Based on more than thirty years of scholarly research and classroom teaching, editors Ed Hindson, Elmer Towns, and scholars from Liberty University provide a visually engaging, practical, readable, and insightful overview of God's Word and its eternal message.
Ideally suited for undergraduate students, laymen, and pastors, this volume features:
• More than 200 full-color photographs, maps, charts, and illustrations
• Introductions to each book of the Bible, including background, date, author, outline, and message
• Introductory chapters on the themes of the Bible, how we got our Bible, and the people and places of the Bible
• Sidebars on the unique features, beneficial insights, and practical applications of biblical truths
• Study questions and recommended further reading
ECPA Gold Medallion award winners Hindson and Towns draw from a lifetime of teaching more than 100,000 students. They represent quality evangelical scholarship, along with a passion to make the Scriptures come to life as they open windows of insight into the biblical text. This exciting survey highlights the key elements of the literature, history, archaeology, and wisdom of the biblical text with an eye on the practical application of its timeless truths, moral principles, and theological insights so desperately needed in today's world.
Elmer L. Towns (D.Min., Fuller Theological Seminary) is co-founder of Liberty University, with Jerry Falwell, in 1971, and was the only full-time teacher in the first year of Liberty's existence. Today, the University has over 11,400 students on campus with 39,000 in the Distance Learning Program (now Liberty University Online), and he is the Dean of the School of Religion.
Towns has published over a hundred books including My Father's Names; 10 Sunday Schools That Dared to Change; 10 of Today's Most Innovative Churches; Towns' Sunday School Encyclopedia and the Gold Medallion Award awarded by the Christian Booksellers Association for writing the Book of the Year, The Names of the Holy Spirit. The multi-volume Praying through..... series has been received by a wide readership.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
Dr. Edward Hindson (Th.D., Trinity Graduate School of Theology; D.Min., Westminster Theological Seminary; D.Phil., University of South Africa) is the assistant chancellor and dean of the Institute of Biblical Studies at Liberty University in Virginia. He has authored twenty books and edited the Gold Medallion Award-winning Knowing Jesus Study Bible. The author's other titles include Isaiah's Immanuel; Revelation; Key to Unlocking the Future; Antichrist Rising; God is There in Tough Times; Courageous Faith and Zondervan KJV Commentary.
- <div><i>illustrated Bible Survey</i> Introduces All The Books Of The Bible From Genesis To Revelation. Based On More Than Thirty Years Of Scholarly Research And Classroom Teaching, Editors Ed Hindson, Elmer Towns, And Scholars From Liberty University Provide A Visually Engaging, Practical, Readable, And Insightful Overview Of God's Word And Its Eternal Message.<br> <br> Ideally Suited For Undergraduate Students, Laymen, And Pastors, This Volume Features:</div> <div>• More Than 200 Full-color Photographs, Maps, Charts, And Illustrations</div> <div>• Introductions To Each Book Of The Bible, Including Background, Date, Author, Outline, And Message</div> <div>• Introductory Chapters On The Themes Of The Bible, How We Got Our Bible, And The People And Places Of The Bible</div> <div>• Sidebars On The Unique Features, Beneficial Insights, And Practical Applications Of Biblical Truths</div> <div>• Study Questions And Recommended Further Reading<br> <br> </div> <div>ecpa Gold Medallion Award Winners Hindson And Towns Draw From A Lifetime Of Teaching More Than 100,000 Students. They Represent Quality Evangelical Scholarship, Along With A Passion To Make The Scriptures Come To Life As They Open Windows Of Insight Into The Biblical Text. This Exciting Survey Highlights The Key Elements Of The Literature, History, Archaeology, And Wisdom Of The Biblical Text With An Eye On The Practical Application Of Its Timeless Truths, Moral Principles, And Theological Insights So Desperately Needed In Today's World.</div>