Images of the Spirit (Lifeguide Bible Study Series)
How do you picture the Holy Spirit? Our imagination is likely to run to something like a vague fuzzy cloud. Or perhaps we think of an invisible, impersonal force. No wonder the Holy Spirit is often called "it." While Christians...
You May Also Like
How do you picture the Holy Spirit? Our imagination is likely to run to something like a vague fuzzy cloud. Or perhaps we think of an invisible, impersonal force. No wonder the Holy Spirit is often called "it." While Christians affirm that the Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, we struggle to think of him as a person at all. The Bible is clear that the Holy Spirit is a person. But how can human beings understand who he is? Scripture helps us by giving us strong word pictures of the Spirit as wind, fire, a counselor, anointing oil and more. As you go through these eight-session LifeGuide Bible Study by Dale and Sandy Larsen, you will find that your mental picture of the Spirit comes into focus. And even better, you will find that you can have a real relationship with the third person of the Trinity as you experience the power, comfort and gifts that flow out from the Spirit. For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions-making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies. PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Dale Larsen is a writer living in Greenville, Illinois. He and his wife, Sandy, have written more than thirty books and Bible studies together including Images of God and Images of Christ.
Sandy Larsen is a writer living in Rochester, Minnesota. SheSandy Larsen is a writer living in Rochester, Minnesota. She and her husband, Dale, have written more than thirty books and her husband, Dale, have written more than thirty books and Bible studies together including Images of God and Imageand Bible studies together including Images of God and Images of Christ. s of Christ.
- How Do You Picture The Holy Spirit? Our Imagination Is Likely To Run To Something Like A Vague Fuzzy Cloud. Or Perhaps We Think Of An Invisible, Impersonal Force. No Wonder The Holy Spirit Is Often Called "it." While Christians Affirm That The Spirit Is The Third Person Of The Trinity, We Struggle To Think Of Him As A Person At All. The Bible Is Clear That The Holy Spirit Is A Person. But How Can Human Beings Understand Who He Is? Scripture Helps Us By Giving Us Strong Word Pictures Of The Spirit As Wind, Fire, A Counselor, Anointing Oil And More. As You Go Through These Eight-session Lifeguide Bible Study By Dale And Sandy Larsen, You Will Find That Your Mental Picture Of The Spirit Comes Into Focus. And Even Better, You Will Find That You Can Have A Real Relationship With The Third Person Of The Trinity As You Experience The Power, Comfort And Gifts That Flow Out From The Spirit. For Over Three Decades Lifeguide Bible Studies Have Provided Solid Biblical Content And Raised Thought-provoking Questions-making For A One-of-a-kind Bible Study Experience For Individuals And Groups. This Series Has More Than 130 Titles On Old And New Testament Books, Character Studies, And Topical Studies. Pdf Download With A Single-user License; Available From Intervarsity Press And Other Resellers.
- 1. Wind/breath, Ezekiel 37:1-14
- 2. Water, John 4:1-14, 7:37-39
- 3. Fire, Acts 2:1-4, 14-18
- 4. Pledge, Ephesians 1:11-14
- 5. Counselor, John 14:15-27
- 6. Advocate, Romans 8:26-27
- 7. Anointing Oil, 1 John 2:20-27
- 8. Giver Of Gifts, I Corinthians 12:1-11
- Leader's Notes