Imago Dei: God's Image, God's People, God's Mission (Bible Study Book)
:Imago Dei Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," tips for leading a group, and a leader guide. People are naturally compelled to...
In Stock (6 left)Out of Print. Limited Availability
You May Also Like
:Imago Dei Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," tips for leading a group, and a leader guide.
People are naturally compelled to ask questions of identity: Who am I? What am I worth? Why am I here? The answers culture offers only lead to more questions. To properly answer these questions, we need to look all the way back to the beginning-to our creation-and see that all people are made in the image of God.
Having a well-rounded view of the imago Dei will help us better understand ourselves, God, and the restoring work of salvation that comes to us through Jesus Christ. We can understand what God intended the imago Dei to be, how sin corrupted it, and how Jesus restores it through the power of the cross and the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
Imago Dei examines the image of God biblically within the grand narrative of Scripture, relationally as it applies to ourselves and others, and missionally in our service to others and in our obedience to the Great Commission.
This Bible study will help you:
• understand what it means to be created in the image of God;
• discover renewed purpose in serving others for the glory of God;
• be better equipped to participate in the mission of God.
1. Imago Dei in Creation & Fall
2. Imago Dei in Redemption & Restoration
3. Imago Dei in You
4. Imago Dei in Others
5. Imago Dei & Power
6. Imago Dei & Missio Dei
• Six small-group sessions
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Gain a clearer understanding of what it means to be made in the image of God.
• Learn how to see yourself and others in light of their status as image bearers.
• Recognize your power and dignity as an image bearer.
• See the biblical story of redemption through the eyes of an image bearer.
• Hear leading voices in the Christian community explore the meaning and implications of the imago Dei.
• Respond to God's call to be on mission, serving people who are different from you.
• Realize that Jesus is the exact imprint of God's nature.
• Recognize the inherent worth of the people God has placed in your life.
• Find practical, redemptive ways to engage with image bearers in your community and the world.
• Discover how the image of God can be renewed through faith in Jesus Christ.
Mike Cosper is the executive director of Harbor Media, a non-profit media company serving Christians in a post-Christian world. He served for sixteen years as a pastor at Sojourn Community Church in Louisville, Kentucky, and is the author of Recapturing the Wonder ,nbsp; The Stories We Tell, and nbsp; Rhythms of Grace . He lives with his family in Louisville, Kentucky. nbsp; nbsp;