:Effective leaders work very hard to succeed, but often at the cost of their own souls. They are challenged to keep themselves emotionally and spiritually healthy in order to survive success?to keep their humanity intact. This is the work within...
Available in other Formats
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives. eBook is Available.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
:Effective leaders work very hard to succeed, but often at the cost of their own souls. They are challenged to keep themselves emotionally and spiritually healthy in order to survive success?to keep their humanity intact. This is the work within the work. Stephen W. Smith helps leaders in the marketplace and in ministry set aside the life-draining values of power, fame, fortune and position and instead explore the life-giving qualities of building character. In this book you will learn to:
Recognize and determine the inner and outer markers of success
Explore eight compelling virtues that every leader must possess
Use the principle of rhythm rather than chase the myth of balance
Recognize the limits of your own leadership
Discover how to thrive, not just survive
There is a better way to live than the craziness we experience in our driven world. Inside Job is your invitation to journey inside and do the work within your work.
Stephen W. Smith is the cofounder and spiritual director of The Potter's Inn, at Aspen Ridge located in Divide, Colorado, a ministry providing resources and services in spiritual formation. He lead retreats throughout the world for groups and offer soul care for leaders. He is the author of Embracing Soul Care: Making Space for What Matters Most, The Lazarus Life: Spiritual Transformation for Ordinary People, and the Bible Studies with Gary Chapman and others Work, Sex, Transformation and Marriage each complementing the book The Transformation of Man's Heart.-Editorial Review.
- <strong>part I: The Crisis In The Leader's Soul</strong>
- 1. Life Is More Than Chasing Success2. Signs Of The Times3. Comparing The Inner And Outer Markers Of Success
- <strong>part Ii: Doing The Work Within The Work</strong>
- 4. Mapping The Journey5. The Great Eightsection One: Faith, Goodness, Knowledge And Self-controlsection Two: Perseverance, Godliness, Kindness And Love6. The Leader's Rhythm: Exposing The Lie Of Being Balanced7. The Leader's Limits: Saying No In Order To Live Yes8. The Leader's Transitions: Understanding Change
- <strong>part Iii: Leading To Live</strong>
- 9. Living And Leading A Resilient Life10. Leading With Contentment And Satisfaction