Grounded in a thoroughly biblical understanding of the human condition and God's grace, this extraordinary resource expertly integrates the best of psychotherapy with Christian spirituality. Professors McMinn and Campbell have drawn on 50 years of collective clinical experience to provide...
Out of PrintUnavailable
You May Also Like
Grounded in a thoroughly biblical understanding of the human condition and God's grace, this extraordinary resource expertly integrates the best of psychotherapy with Christian spirituality. Professors McMinn and Campbell have drawn on 50 years of collective clinical experience to provide a new model of compassionate psychotherapeutic practice. 405 pages, from IVP.
Mark McMinn and Clark Campbell present a new integrative model of psychotherapy that is grounded in Christian biblical and theological teaching and in a critical and constructive engagement with contemporary psychology. The authors provide both theoretical analysis and also practical guidance for the practitioner.
Mark R. McMinn (Ph.D., Vanderbilt University) is a professor of psychology at George Fox University where he teaches in the Graduate Department of Clinical Psychology, he was previously Professor of Psychology at Wheaton College for 13 years.. He is a licensed clinical psychologist, board certified with the American Board of Professional Psychology and a Fellow of the American Psychological Association. He has written several books, including Psychology, Theology, and Spirituality in Christian Counseling; Making the Best of Stress; Care for the Soul; Why Sin Matters, Integrative Psychotherapy, Sin and Grace in Christian Counseling: An Integrative Paradigm and the award winning Finding Our Way Home.
- 1. Christian Foundations
- 2. Scientific Foundations
- 3. Psychology's Revolution
- 4. Integrative Psychotherapy And Domains Of Intervention
- 5. Assessment And Case Conceptualization
- 6. Understanding The Symptom-focused Interventions
- 7. Applying Symptom-focused Interventions In Treating Anxiety
- 8. Understanding Schema-focused Interventions
- 9. Applying Schema-focused Interventions In Treating Depression
- 10. Understanding Relationship-focused Interventions
- 11. Applying Relationship-focused Interventions
- 12. Concluding Thoughts
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- Scripture Index