Introduction to Psychology and Counseling (2nd Edition)
This standard introduction to psychology and counseling offers an explanation of classic theory and a holistic Christian view of humanity and counseling. The book includes over one hundred "spotlights" (brief essays featuring persons, ideas, and applications relevant to Christian counseling),...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
This standard introduction to psychology and counseling offers an explanation of classic theory and a holistic Christian view of humanity and counseling. The book includes over one hundred "spotlights" (brief essays featuring persons, ideas, and applications relevant to Christian counseling), copious illustrations, a glossary explaining technical terms, and thorough indexes. The text, organized according to the way introductory counseling courses are taught, serves as a helpful reference tool of enduring value.
Subject areas include:
• classic psychological theory
• the biological basis of behavior
• emotions and motivation
• memory, cognition, self-concept
• child and adult development
• sensation and perception
• social psychology
• individual and family counseling
• psychology of religion
• abnormal psychology
• individual and group therapy
Frank Minirth (MD.,Ph.D) is a Christian Psychiatrist and president of the Minirth Clinic in Richardson, Texas, he is one of only 122 doctors in America and Canada certified by the prestigious American Society of Clinic Psychopharmacology. Dr. Minirth has authored or co-authored more than 70 books, many of which have been translated into foreign languages. Best-sellers include Love Hunger, Love Is a Choice,100 Ways to Overcome Depression and the bestselling Happiness Is a Choice and can be heard weekly on both local and national radio.
Paul Meier is a psychiatrist and founder of the Meier Clinics, a national chain of counselling facilities in the US. He has authored and coauthored more than 70 books, including Love Is a Choice, Happiness Is a Choice and Blue Genes. He has hosted a live talk program for 20yrs and is a frequent guest on numerous radio and television programs including the Oprey Winfrey Show and Joyce Meyer's Enjoying Everday Life. Meier is the co-founder and medical director of the new Live Clinics.
- List Of Figures<br>list Of Tables<br>preface Fo The First Edition<br>preface To The Second Edition<br>1. Introduction To Psychology<br>2. The Biological Basis Of Behavior<br>3. Sensation And Perception<br>4. Emotions<br>5. Motivation<br>6. Learning<br>7. Memory, Cognition, And Self-esteem<br>8. Intelligence<br>9. Social Psychology<br>10. Child Development<br>11. Adolescent And Adult Development<br>12. Personality<br>13. The Psychology Of Religion<br>14. Abnormal Psychology<br>15. Psychotherapy And Personal Counseling<br>16. Group And Family Counseling<br>afterword<br>appendix: Self-change Projects<br>glossary <br>index Of Names<br>index Of Subjects