Iron Sceptre (#04 in Archives Of Anthropos Series)
1. Miserable Mary McNab2. What Mary Tells the Others3. Great Aunt Felicia4. Pass through the Glass5. Anthropos Betrayed6. The Igloo and the Animals7. A Giant Dish of Ice Cream8. The King Sends a Letter9. A Sleepless Night for Everyone10. Fire...
UnavailableOut of Print
You may also like
1. Miserable Mary McNab2. What Mary Tells the Others3. Great Aunt Felicia4. Pass through the Glass5. Anthropos Betrayed6. The Igloo and the Animals7. A Giant Dish of Ice Cream8. The King Sends a Letter9. A Sleepless Night for Everyone10. Fire on the Mountain11. Grateful Even for a Witch's Hug12. The Darkening of Six Kingdoms13. Mary's Mission for Mirmah14. Beneath the Northern Mountains15. Goldcoffin's Treasure16. The Other Side of the Mirror17. Ballet of the Heavens18. The Broken Sceptres19. Journey by Kayak20. Orges and Dreams of Orges21. Kardia Sets Sail22. The Charioteer at the Bottom of the Sea23. "Look Well to the Sceptre!"24. the Crystal Ball and Chain25. The Easiest Thing Mary Ever Did26. The Peril of Poseidon27. He Who Is Pardoned28. In the Palace of Darkness29. A Drop of Gaal's Blood30. Playing Tag with Gaal31. Because Kardia Didn't Kill Mirmah32. The Sceptre of Iron and the Sceptre of GoldAppendix A: On Dragon FightingAppendix B: A Guide to Anthropos
Anthropos is in danger. So Wesley, Kurt and Lisa are once again magically transported from their home in Winnipeg to help save this threatened land. The Iron Sceptre, the source of King Kardia's power to rule, is in peril. The children, joined by their cousin Mary, are called on to stop Mirmah and her chief sorcerer, Archimago. But to do so, they must travel beneath the Northern Mountains, around Goldcoffin's Palace and into the very heart of Mirmah's kingdom. What awaits is much more than a mere adventure.
John White was born in Liverpool, England, on March 5, 1924, and grew up in Manchester. After serving as a reconnaissance photographer in the Fleet Air Arms during World War II, he completed medical training at Manchester University. He later participated in a variety of short-term missions efforts (including Bible smuggling!) and captitalized on many opportunities to encourage Christians behind the Iron Curtain during the beginning of the Cold War.
On June 25, 1955, White married Laureate May O'Hara. From 1955 to 1964 he served as a medical missionary with New Tribes Mission. Later he was appointed associate general secretary of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students of Latin America.
White emigrated to Canada with his family in 1965 and later completed his residency in psychiatry in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He next filled the post of associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Manitoba and also served locally as pastor of Church of the Way.
He wrote 25 books as well as numerous articles and study guides. A much sought-after speaker, he lectured around the world at churches, conferences and leadership events. During his later life, White moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, helping to plant a Vineyard church there (Surrey Vineyard) and becoming involved in the larger Vineyard Christian Fellowship.
John White died in 2002, but his written ministry lives on, with over 1.5 million of his books in print.
- 1. Miserable Mary Mcnab
- 2. What Mary Tells The Others
- 3. Great Aunt Felicia
- 4. Pass Through The Glass
- 5. Anthropos Betrayed
- 6. The Igloo And The Animals
- 7. A Giant Dish Of Ice Cream
- 8. The King Sends A Letter
- 9. A Sleepless Night For Everyone
- 10. Fire On The Mountain
- 11. Grateful Even For A Witch’s Hug
- 12. The Darkening Of Six Kingdoms
- 13. Mary’s Mission For Mirmah
- 14. Beneath The Northern Mountains
- 15. Goldcoffin’s Treasure
- 16. The Other Side Of The Mirror
- 17. Ballet Of The Heavens
- 18. The Broken Sceptres
- 19. Journey By Kayak
- 20. Orges And Dreams Of Orges
- 21. Kardia Sets Sail
- 22. The Charioteer At The Bottom Of The Sea
- 23. "look Well To The Sceptre!"
- 24. The Crystal Ball And Chain
- 25. The Easiest Thing Mary Ever Did
- 26. The Peril Of Poseidon
- 27. He Who Is Pardoned
- 28. In The Palace Of Darkness
- 29. A Drop Of Gaal’s Blood
- 30. Playing Tag With Gaal
- 31. Because Kardia Didn’t Kill Mirmah
- 32. The Sceptre Of Iron And The Sceptre Of Gold
- Appendix A: On Dragon Fighting
- Appendix B: A Guide To Anthropos