It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
With raw honesty, best-selling author Lysa TerKeurst shares her own disappointments and hardships, and invites readers on a journey of faith, showing how to be strong and steadfast in the face of unmet expectations, unsettling relationships, and uncertain outcomes. Publisher...
In Stock50+ available
You May Also Like
With raw honesty, best-selling author Lysa TerKeurst shares her own disappointments and hardships, and invites readers on a journey of faith, showing how to be strong and steadfast in the face of unmet expectations, unsettling relationships, and uncertain outcomes.
:New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst unveils her heart amid shattering circumstances and shows readers how to live assured when life doesn't turn out like they expected.
What do you do when God's timing seems questionable, his lack of intervention hurtful, and his promises doubtful?
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God's goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
- Catalogue Code 508765
- Product Code 9781400210978
- ISBN 1400210976
- EAN 9781400210978
- Pages 256
- Department General Books
- Category Christian Living
- Sub-Category General
- Publisher Thomas Nelson Publishers
- Publication Date Oct 2018
- Sales Rank 939
- Dimensions 213 x 139 x 17mm
- Weight 0.326kg
Lysa Terkeurst is the president of Proverbs 31 Woman Ministries and author of 12 books, including a Gold Medallion finalist and People's Choice Award finalist, and numerous magazine articles, including feature stories for her ministry's magazine P31 Woman. Her life story has captured much attention of national media, including The Oprah Winfrey Show and Good Morning America. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and five children.