James, 1-2 Peter, and 1-3 John (Studies On The Go Series)
What do small group leaders need? Good Bible studies that engage their kids. The purpose of this book in the Studies On the Go series is to provide small group leaders with creative and engaging Bible study questions they won?t...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
What do small group leaders need? Good Bible studies that engage their kids. The purpose of this book in the Studies On the Go series is to provide small group leaders with creative and engaging Bible study questions they won?t have to rewrite. Students will be pushed, encouraged, and challenged, but the real goal is that they would be changed.
David Olshine has designed James, 1-2 Peter, and 1-3 John for the busy youth worker who either lacks the time or the information to lead a quality Bible study. Without skimping on depth and substance, Olshine has constructed down to earth questions that get kids into the text and so they can hear God's Word on a practical level. Each consecutive passage of Scripture sets a topic to help students think deeply, talk openly, and apply what they are learning to their lives.
Dr. David Olshine chairs the youth ministries department at Columbia International University, and is an annual speaker to thousands of youth, leaders and parents across the United States. He has authored more than a dozen books and is the co-founder of Youth Ministry Coaches, an organization that coaches, consults and helps churches hire an keep youth leaders. David lives in Columbia, South Carolina with his wife, Rhonda, and they have two children, Rachel and Andrew.
- <p>what Do Small Group Leaders Need? Good Bible Studies That Engage Their Kids. The Purpose Of This Book In The Studies On The Go Series Is To Provide Small Group Leaders With Creative And Engaging Bible Study Questions They Won?t Have To Rewrite. Students Will Be Pushed, Encouraged, And Challenged, But The Real Goal Is That They Would Be Changed.</p> <p>david Olshine Has Designed <em>james, 1-2 Peter, And 1-3 John</em> For The Busy Youth Worker Who Either Lacks The Time Or The Information To Lead A Quality Bible Study. Without Skimping On Depth And Substance, Olshine Has Constructed Down To Earth Questions That Get Kids Into The Text And So They Can Hear God's Word On A Practical Level. Each Consecutive Passage Of Scripture Sets A Topic To Help Students Think Deeply, Talk Openly, And Apply What They Are Learning To Their Lives.</p>
- Section 1: The Book Of James
- 1. The Gift Of Trials James 1:1-18
- 2. Orphans And Widows James 1:19- 26
- 3. Does God Play Favorites? James 2:1-13
- 4. Faith And Works James 2:14-24
- 5. Words Will Never Hurt You? James 3:1-12
- 6. Two Types Of Wisdom James 3:13-17
- 7. The Cause Of Conflicts James 4: 1-12
- 8. God?s Will And The Future James 4:13-17
- 9. Handling Money James 5:1-12
- 10. Human Like Elijah James 5:13-20
- Section 2: The Letters Of First And Second Peter
- 11. A Living Hope 1 Peter 1:1-12
- 12. What Is Holiness? 1 Peter 1:13-2:1-10
- 13. Jesus Our Example 1 Peter 2:11- 3:1-12
- 14. Good Suffering 1 Peter 3:13- 4:1-6
- 15. Fiery Ordeals 1 Peter 4:7-19
- 16. The Flock Of God 1 Peter 5:1-14
- 17. What Is A Calling? 2 Peter 1:1-11
- 18. Power Of The Bible 2 Peter 1:12-20
- 19. False Teachers 2 Peter 2:1-22
- 20. The Day Of The Lord 2 Peter 3:1-18
- Section 3: The Letters Of 1, 2, 3 John
- 21. The Word Lived In The Neighborhood 1 John 1:1-10
- 22. Called To Love 1 John 2:1-11
- 23. Loving The World? 1 John 2:12-28
- 24. Love Of The Father 1 John 3:1-10
- 25. Love And Hatred 1 John 3:11-24
- 26. Test The Spirits 1 John 4:1-21
- 27. What Is Faith? 1 John 5:1-12
- 28. Eternal Life 1 John 5:13-21
- 29. Grace, Mercy And Peace 2 John
- 30. Closing Thoughts 3 John