James: Faith/ Works (13 Sessions) (Bible Study Book)
: James Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for 13 sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," a leader guide, and a family discipleship page. James had a unique earthly relationship...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 5 to 6 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
James Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for 13 sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," a leader guide, and a family discipleship page.
James had a unique earthly relationship with Jesus, but his letter clarifies what the Christian life should look like for us all. The Book of James is filled with practical wisdom for Christians, calling us to live out genuine faith through good works, but it is also rooted in rich theology. Perhaps more than any other book in the New Testament, James emphasizes the application of Christian belief.
This 13-session study examines the core message of James: the relationship between faith and works. In our own ability, we cannot stand in the face of adversity. Without faith we could never find the strength to trust God. We would never be able to see above the trials we meet and to keep our eyes focused on the King while counting our trials as joy. This is the essence of James. We don't work to be saved; we work because we are saved. Faith apart from works can never be sustained.
1. Brother / Servant
2. Trials / Temptations
3. Hearer / Doer
4. Judgment / Mercy
5. Faith / Works
6. Blessings / Curses
7. False Wisdom / True Wisdom
8. Worldliness / Godliness
9. Arrogance / Humility
10. Oppressor / Laborer
11. Suffering / Comfort
12. Faithful / Faithless
13. Wanderer / Restorer
• 13 small-group sessions
• Personal study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Gain a better understanding of the Book of James and apply its practical wisdom for all Christians.
• Learn how to deal with trials and temptations, understanding that enduring adversity ultimately brings joy.
• Learn to extend mercy, not harsh judgment, to others.
• Realize that words are important and must be used for good, not evil.
• Learn to fight against the passions and desires at war within us.
• Recognize the importance of praying for one another in sickness, health, suffering, and joy.
• Accept the challenge to speak truth to our brothers and sisters who wander from the faith.
• Come to humbly view all of our days as lived under the sovereign will of the Lord.
Matt Chandler is the lead pastor of The Village Church, a multi-campus church in the Dallas metroplex of over 10,000 people. His sermons are among the topselling (free) podcasts on itunes and he speaks at conferences worldwide. Prior to accepting the pastorate at The Village, Matt had a vibrant itinerant ministry for over ten years where he spoke to hundreds of thousands of people in America and abroad about the glory of God and beauty of Jesus. He lives in Texas with his wife, Lauren, and their three children: Audrey, Reid and Norah.