Jesus Called - He Wants His Church Back (Unabridged, 7 Cds)
As early as 50 AD, Christians had gotten away from knowing who Jesus really is. Our generation is no different. In every decade we, as Americans, lost something important that we couldn't afford to lose: * In the...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
As early as 50 AD, Christians had gotten away from knowing who Jesus really is. Our generation is no different.
In every decade we, as Americans, lost something important that we couldn't afford to lose:
* In the 1950's, we lost innocence
* In the 1960's, we lost respect for authority
* In the 1970's, we lost love
* In the 1980's, we lost values
* In the 1990's, we lost faith
* In the 2000's, we lost security
* In the 2010's, we lost hope in the future
What can restore what we've lost? Only Jesus. Jesus gave us His name, His friendship, and a commission to accept responsibility for ourselves and for the world. When introduced to His words and ways we'll rediscover the Jesus who:
* Wants His enemies won over, not wiped out
* Wants you to stop playing it safe
* Believed great things were possible no matter what things are like right now
* Was full of grace and truth
* Unleashed compassion
* Believed no one was too far from God to return to Him
* Loves the church
Pastor Ray Johnston shares the Jesus of the Bible and how we can be Christians without being jerks. Also how the radical message of the Gospel calls us to love and serve not only our neighbors but our enemies as well. That's the Jesus the American Church has missed and needs to meet.
Ray Johnston is president of Developing Effective Leaders, church planter, author, and member of Youth Specialties National Resource Seminar speaking team. He lives in Folsom, California.