Journey With Jesus
In A Journey with Jesus, spiritual director Larry Warner guides us through the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius , similar to the way he's been leading people through them in person. Here's what he's observed: "The Spiritual Exercises helped...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
In A Journey with Jesus, spiritual director Larry Warner guides us through the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius, similar to the way he's been leading people through them in person. Here's what he's observed: "The Spiritual Exercises helped people reconnect with Jesus and with themselves in life-giving ways. It was powerful."
^^Ignatius wanted to help everyone, no matter what age or stage of life, experience Jesus. Through prayers and Scripture readings that largely focus on the life of Christ, the Spiritual Exercises that have been so powerful and growth-inducing for so many, including Warner, can be a tool for transformation in you as well.
^^The exercises are designed to help you
^^^encounter the person of Jesus ^foster a deeper relational knowing of Jesus ^cultivate a greater desire and freedom to say yes to Jesus ^^And you don't have to go on a retreat to do it. You can start now, and grow in Christlikeness right in the midst of your life.
^^Are you hungry for Jesus and ready to do something about it? Are you committed to a sticking with a sustained journey of growth and formation in Christ? Then this book is for you. Open these pages, and let Warner guide you on the journey toward deeper intimacy with Jesus.^
Larry Warner has a B.A. in biblical studies and a masters of theology. He has completed a program in spiritual formation and direction at Azusa Pacific Universitys Graduate School and a two-year program in spiritual direction at University of San Diego, and he has been leading retreats since 1980. Warner is the founder and executive director of "b," an organization which journeys with pastors, seminarians, church staffs, ministry leaders, churches and individuals who yearn for greater intimacy with God by designing and providing spiritual formation experiences which unleash and cultivate holistic development. He designs and leads retreats and formation experiences for b, is a spiritual director and a member of Spiritual Directors International. He is also the San Diego regional director for Christian Formation and Direction Ministries which trains spiritual directors. Additionally Warner is an adjunct professor at Bethel Seminary in San Diego, teaches for the Institute for Spiritual Formation at Talbot Seminary and the Master's in Ministry program at Pt Loma Nazarene University. He is also the author of Imaginative Prayer in Youth Ministry .
Larry Warner is the founder and executive director of 'b', an organisation that develops and provides spiritual formation experiences and retreats. He is also an adjunct professor at Bethel Seminary in San Diego and the author of Imaginative Prayer in Youth Ministry.
- <strong>part 1: Getting The Most Out Of The Exercises</strong>
- 1. The Daily Elements Of The Exercises
- 2. The Benefits Of A Spiritual Director Or Listener
- 3. Tips On How To Approach The Exercises
- <strong>part 2: Preparatory Exercises</strong>
- 1. The History Of Preparatory Exercises
- 2. God’s Love
- Section 1: God Loves You
- Section 2: God Really Loves You
- Section 3: God Really, Really Loves You
- 3. Principle And Foundation
- Section 1: Created
- Section 2: Praise
- Section 3: Reverence
- Section 4: Service
- Section 5: Indifference
- <strong>part 3: The Spiritual Exercises</strong>
- Week 1: Sin, Me And God’s Love
- Week 2: Walking With Jesus
- Week 3: Journey To The Cross
- Week 4: Resurrection Of Jesus
- <strong>part 4: Resources</strong>
- Biography Of St. Ignatius Of Loyola
- Ash Wednesday And Holy Week Exercises
- Shorter Options For Journeying Through The Exercises
- For Spiritual Directors And Listeners
- Using The Exercises With A Group
- Reviewing Your Journey Through The Exercises
- About The Website