What can I do about human trafficking? What can my church do about slavery? The realities of modern-day slavery can seem daunting, and sometimes it can feel like we should leave it to the professionals. But fighting for justice is...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
What can I do about human trafficking? What can my church do about slavery? The realities of modern-day slavery can seem daunting, and sometimes it can feel like we should leave it to the professionals. But fighting for justice is not something we have to outsource to others. Every Christian and every church has a part to play. Justice Awakening is a handbook for Christians who want to bring an end to human trafficking and modern-day slavery. Pastor and activist Eddie Byun provides biblical foundations for understanding God's heart for justice and the oppressed. He offers practical, on-the-ground steps that any believer or church can take, from youth groups to men's ministries, orphan care ministries to short-term and long-term missions. Discover what you can do to be part of the solution. And join God's movement for freedom and justice for all. Includes discussion questions and prayer guides for group use.
Eddie Byun (D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary) is lead pastor at Onnuri Community Church in Seoul, South Korea. He fights against modern-day slavery through HOPE Be Restored, a ministry of Onnuri's English Ministry.
- :introduction: My Journey
- Chapter 1 God’s Passion For Justice In His Word
- Chapter 2 Where Is The Justice Of God?
- Chapter 3 Exposing The Darkness Of Modern Day Slavery
- Chapter 4 Why The Church Must Lead
- Chapter 5 What The Church Can Do
- Conclusion: The Time Is Now
- Appendix A Resources For Freedom And Justice
- Appendix B Sample Sermon On Human Trafficking
- Appendix C Case Study On Korea