Knowing God's Will
M Blaine SmithIs Gods will likely to be the thing I least want to do? Should I put outa fleece? How can I find personal guidance in the Bible? When do open andclosed doors indicate Gods will, and when dont...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 4 to 5 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
M Blaine SmithIs Gods will likely to be the thing I least want to do? Should I put outa fleece? How can I find personal guidance in the Bible? When do open andclosed doors indicate Gods will, and when dont they? This book gets to the heart of your questions and gives practical, biblical answers. From IVP.
ForewordPart 1: First Considerations1. A Critical Concern2. Types of Decisions We Face3. Seeing God's Will Dynamically4. Step-by-Step Guidance in Scripture5. The Promise of GuidancePart 2: My Responsibility for Knowing God's Will6. The Call to Responsibility7. Are You Willing?8. The Unique Role of Prayer9. Searching the Scriptures10. Thinking Things ThroughPart 3: Exceptions and the Rules11. Superntural Guidance12. The Place of Prophecy13. Putting Out a Fleece14. Inward GuidancePart 4: Beginning to Decide15. Considering Personal Desires16. Evaluating Abilities and Gifts17. Assessing Open and Closed Doors18. Weighing the Counsel of Others19. Finally DecidingAppendix 1: Authority Relationships and the Will of GodAppendix 2: Does God Have a Will for Our Personal Decisions?Notes
How can we discover God's will for the complicated decisions of time, money, relationships, education and career? How do we know which is best among a variety of "good" options? In this updated and substantially expanded edition, M. Blaine Smith shows how God unfolds his plan for our lives -- through the Bible, prayer, reason, abilities, circumstances, desire and the counsel of others. He packs each chapter with stories which illustrate how he and other Christians have learned to make decisions that please God.
M. Blaine Smith (M.Div., Wesley Theological Seminary; D.Min.M. Blaine Smith (M.Div., Wesley Theological Seminary; D.Min., Fuller Theological Seminary) is an ordained Presbyterian m, Fuller Theological Seminary) is an ordained Presbyterian minister who lectures widely on topics of guidance and God's inister who lectures widely on topics of guidance and God's will, Christian living, and personal growth. A frequent gueswill, Christian living, and personal growth. A frequent guest on Christian radio programs, Smith has also appeared twicet on Christian radio programs, Smith has also appeared twiceC
- <strong>part 1: First Considerations</strong>
- 1. A Critical Concern
- 2. Types Of Decisions We Face
- 3. Seeing God's Will Dynamically
- 4. Step-by-step Guidance In Scripture
- 5. The Promise Of Guidance
- <strong>part 2: My Responsibility For Knowing God's Will</strong>
- 6. The Call To Responsibility
- 7. Are You Willing?
- 8. The Unique Role Of Prayer
- 9. Searching The Scriptures
- 10. Thinking Things Through
- <strong>part 3: Exceptions And The Rules</strong>
- 11. Supernatural Guidance
- 12. The Place Of Prophecy
- 13. Putting Out A Fleece
- 14. Inward Guidance
- <strong>part 4: Beginning To Decide</strong>
- 15. Considering Personal Desires
- 16. Evaluating Abilities And Gifts
- 17. Assessing Open And Closed Doors
- 18. Weighing The Counsel Of Others
- 19. Finally Deciding
- Appendix 1: Authority Relationships And The Will Of God
- Appendix 2: Does God Have A Will For Our Personal Decisions?