Legend of the Candy Cane, the (ESV) (25 Pack)
: Long ago there were two villages in a far-off land. One was in a valley, and one was on a mountain top. The people in the mountain village wanted to give each person in the valley a Christmas gift....
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
Long ago there were two villages in a far-off land. One was in a valley, and one was on a mountain top. The people in the mountain village wanted to give each person in the valley a Christmas gift.
So the mountain townspeople formed a committee to think of something special. Money was limited, and each gift had to be of equal value to each person. After much time and discussion a decision was finally reached. The town's candy maker, an elderly gentleman who had loved Jesus for many years, came up with an idea-the candy cane.
Now, you may be thinking, what is so special about a candy cane-and how can it ever be tied in with the real meaning of Christmas? Well, here is how&...and why...
1. The candy cane is in the shape of a shepherd's staff. Jesus is our Shepherd, and we are His flock. A sheep follows his own shepherd, knows his voice, trusts him and knows that he is totally safe with him. The sheep will follow no other shepherd than their own. In the same way, if we belong to Jesus, we are to follow only Him. (John 10:11; Psalm 23:1; Isaiah 40:11)
2.Turned over, the candy cane is a "J," the first letter of Jesus' name. (Luke 1:31) It is made of hard candy to remind us that Christ is the "rock" of our salvation.
3.The wide red stripes on the candy cane represent the blood Jesus shed on the cross for
each one of us so that we can have eternal life through Him. He restores us and cleans us with His shed blood-the only thing that can wash away our sin. (Luke 22:20)
4.The white stripes on the candy cane represent Jesus' virgin birth and His pure, sinless life. He is the only human being ev
- Catalogue Code 451313
- Product Code 9781682163320
- ISBN 1682163326
- EAN 9781682163320
- Pages 6
- Department Ministry
- Category Tracts/booklets
- Sub-Category Christmas
- Publisher American Tract Society
- Publication Date Oct 2016
- Sales Rank 16426
- Dimensions 137 x 88 x 7mm
- Weight 0.101kg