Life in the Presence of God
God is everywhere and always with us. So why don't we experience his presence more? Life is full of distractions, and our 24/7 news cycles and social media drown out the voice of God. It's hard to discern God's presence...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
God is everywhere and always with us. So why don't we experience his presence more? Life is full of distractions, and our 24/7 news cycles and social media drown out the voice of God. It's hard to discern God's presence amid the hubbub. But experiencing God is not just for the super-spiritual or ultra-mature. Every Christian can learn to cultivate a greater awareness of God in the everyday. Ken Boa offers a contemporary guide to practicing the presence of God. Using biblical foundations, living and historical examples, and evidence from neuroscience, Ken reveals how we can walk with God and abide in his presence. We need to rethink how we use our time and technology to make room for God, to train ourselves with new habits that deepen our awareness of God. This book offers not a magical technique but dozens of practical exercises and disciplines that help us draw close to God even in the midst of our cacophonous modern culture. Practicing God's presence is not just for the professionals. It's for ordinary people like us. And the more we live in God's presence, the greater our abiding peace and joy.
Kenneth D. Boa (Ph.D., New York University; D.Phil., University of Oxford in England) is engaged in a ministry of relational evangelism and discipleship, teaching, writing, and speaking.
Dr. Boa is the President of Reflections Ministries, an organization that seeks to encourage, teach, and equip people to know Christ, follow Him, become progressively conformed to His image, and reproduce His life in others. He is also President of Trinity House Publishers, a publishing company that is dedicated to the creation of tools that will help people manifest eternal values in a temporal arena by drawing them to intimacy with God and a better understanding of the culture in which they live.
Recent publications by Dr. Boa include Conformed to His Image; 20 Compelling Evidences that God Exists; Face to Face; Augustine to Freud; Faith Has its Reasons; and God, I Dont Understand. He is a contributing editor to The Open Bible and the consulting editor of the Zondervan NASB Study Bible.
- God Is Everywhere And Always With Us. So Why Don't We Experience His Presence More? Life Is Full Of Distractions, And Our 24/7 News Cycles And Social Media Drown Out The Voice Of God. It's Hard To Discern God's Presence Amid The Hubbub. But Experiencing God Is Not Just For The Super-spiritual Or Ultra-mature. Every Christian Can Learn To Cultivate A Greater Awareness Of God In The Everyday. Ken Boa Offers A Contemporary Guide To Practicing The Presence Of God. Using Biblical Foundations, Living And Historical Examples, And Evidence From Neuroscience, Ken Reveals How We Can Walk With God And Abide In His Presence. We Need To Rethink How We Use Our Time And Technology To Make Room For God, To Train Ourselves With New Habits That Deepen Our Awareness Of God. This Book Offers Not A Magical Technique But Dozens Of Practical Exercises And Disciplines That Help Us Draw Close To God Even In The Midst Of Our Cacophonous Modern Culture. Practicing God's Presence Is Not Just For The Professionals. It's For Ordinary People Like Us. And The More We Live In God's Presence, The Greater Our Abiding Peace And Joy.
- <strong>part I: The Biblical Basis</strong>
- 1. The Secret2. The Images3. The Exemplar4. The Walk
- <strong>part Ii: How To Practice His Presence</strong>
- 5. Training6. Rewiring Your Mind7. Reseeing The World8. Reorganizing Your Time9. Rejoicing Amid Suffering10. Repenting Of Sin11. Remaining In Community12. Reimagining Lifeacknowledgmentsnotes