Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life
: Christianity Today's 2018 Book of the Year Winner - Spiritual Formation Christianity Today's 2018 Book of the Year - Beautiful Orthodoxy A Beloved Bestseller Now in Hardcover In the overlooked moments and routines of our day,...
In Stock50+ available
You May Also Like
Christianity Today's 2018 Book of the Year Winner - Spiritual Formation
Christianity Today's 2018 Book of the Year - Beautiful Orthodoxy
A Beloved Bestseller Now in Hardcover In the overlooked moments and routines of our day, we can become aware of God's presence in surprising ways. How do we embrace the sacred in the ordinary and the ordinary in the sacred? Framed around one ordinary day, this book explores daily life through the lens of liturgy, small practices, and habits that form us. Each chapter looks at something-making the bed, brushing her teeth, losing her keys-that the author does every day. Drawing from the diversity of her life as a campus minister, Anglican priest, friend, wife, and mother, Tish Harrison Warren opens up a practical theology of the everyday. Each activity is related to a spiritual practice as well as an aspect of our Sunday worship. Come and discover the holiness of your every day.
Tish Harrison Warren writes regularly for The Well, and her writing has also been featured in Her.meneutics, Churchleaders.com, Anglicanpastor.com, Christ and Pop Culture, Art House America, Mere Orthodoxy, Christianity Today, and the White Horse Inn. After seven years in campus ministry with InterVarsity Graduate and Faculty Ministries at Vanderbilt and UT-Austin, she now works with InterVarsity Women in the Academy and Professions. Warren has a masters in theology from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and is a priest in the Anglican Church in North America, serving at Resurrection South Austin. She and her husband live in Austin and have two young daughters.
- :foreword By Andy Crouch
- 1. Waking: Baptism And Learning To Be Beloved
- 2. Making The Bed: Liturgy, Ritual, And What Forms A Life
- 3. Brushing Teeth: Standing, Kneeling, Bowing, And Living In A Body
- 4. Losing Keys: Confession And The Truth About Ourselves
- 5. Eating Leftovers: Word, Sacrament, And Overlooked Nourishment
- 6. Fighting With My Husband: Passing The Peace And The Everyday Work Of Shalom
- 7. Checking Email: Blessing And Sending
- 8. Sitting In Traffic: Liturgical Time And An Unhurried God
- 9. Calling A Friend: Congregation And Community
- 10. Drinking Tea: Sanctuary And Savoring
- 11. Sleeping: Sabbath, Rest, And The Work Of God
- Discussion Questions And Practices