Liturgy of the Ordinary
Christianity Today's 2018 Book of the Year Winner - Spirtual Formation Christianity Today's 2018 Book of the Year - Beautiful Orthodoxy In the overlooked moments and routines of our day, we can become aware of God's presence...
You May Also Like
Christianity Today's 2018 Book of the Year Winner - Spirtual Formation
Christianity Today's 2018 Book of the Year - Beautiful Orthodoxy
In the overlooked moments and routines of our day, we can become aware of God's presence in surprising ways. How do we embrace the sacred in the ordinary and the ordinary in the sacred? Framed around one ordinary day, this book explores daily life through the lens of liturgy, small practices, and habits that form us. Each chapter looks at something-making the bed, brushing her teeth, losing her keys-that the author does every day. Drawing from the diversity of her life as a campus minister, Anglican priest, friend, wife, and mother, Tish Harrison Warren opens up a practical theology of the everyday. Each activity is related to a spiritual practice as well as an aspect of our Sunday worship. Come and discover the holiness of your every day.
- Catalogue Code 542325
- Product Code 9780830892204
- ISBN 0830892206
- EAN 9780830892204
- Department General Books
- Category Spiritual Growth
- Sub-Category Holiness & The Deeper Life
- Publisher Intervarsity Press Usa
- Publication Date Nov 2016
- Sales Rank 65521
- DRM Free
- Printable No
- Size 2.47 MB (EPUB)
Tish Harrison Warren writes regularly for The Well, and her writing has also been featured in Her.meneutics, Churchleaders.com, Anglicanpastor.com, Christ and Pop Culture, Art House America, Mere Orthodoxy, Christianity Today, and the White Horse Inn. After seven years in campus ministry with InterVarsity Graduate and Faculty Ministries at Vanderbilt and UT-Austin, she now works with InterVarsity Women in the Academy and Professions. Warren has a masters in theology from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and is a priest in the Anglican Church in North America, serving at Resurrection South Austin. She and her husband live in Austin and have two young daughters.
- <ul> <li><em>christianity Today's</em> 2018 Book Of The Year Winner - Spirtual Formation</li> <li><em>christianity Today's</em> 2018 Book Of The Year - Beautiful Orthodoxy</li> </ul> In The Overlooked Moments And Routines Of Our Day, We Can Become Aware Of God's Presence In Surprising Ways. How Do We Embrace The Sacred In The Ordinary And The Ordinary In The Sacred? Framed Around One Ordinary Day, This Book Explores Daily Life Through The Lens Of Liturgy, Small Practices, And Habits That Form Us. Each Chapter Looks At Something-making The Bed, Brushing Her Teeth, Losing Her Keys-that The Author Does Every Day. Drawing From The Diversity Of Her Life As A Campus Minister, Anglican Priest, Friend, Wife, And Mother, Tish Harrison Warren Opens Up A Practical Theology Of The Everyday. Each Activity Is Related To A Spiritual Practice As Well As An Aspect Of Our Sunday Worship. Come And Discover The Holiness Of Your Every Day.