Making All Things New
Often this world seems like a nightmare. Human trafficking, young girls trapped in brothels, child soldiers forced to become killers, unchecked plagues and diseases, economic injustice and the oppression of the poor. Millions around the world are trapped in this...
You May Also Like
Often this world seems like a nightmare. Human trafficking, young girls trapped in brothels, child soldiers forced to become killers, unchecked plagues and diseases, economic injustice and the oppression of the poor. Millions around the world are trapped in this nightmare, and we may feel helpless to do anything about it. But God has a dream. York Moore paints a vivid picture of how the dream of God is breaking into history to make all things new. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus, God is bringing an end to the world's nightmare of sin and death. Scripture's vision of Jesus' end-time work shows how the wrongs will be made right, and God's just judgment is good news for the world. Unpacking how the Bible describes the last things, Moore shows how we can partner with God as he brings his dream to reality. Every time a well is dug for a community, food is provided for the hungry or sex traffickers are brought to justice, the dream begins to take hold. This is no mere wishful thinking. The dream of God is more real than your dreams could ever imagine. It is what we were created for. So wake up from the nightmare and join in what God is doing in the world. And flourish as your own dreams are transformed by God's dream for all creation.
R. York Moore is a director for regional evangelism (Great Lakes Region) with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA. He is a frequent evangelistic speaker at churches and conferences across the United States. His evangelism seminar, "Tell the Story!" has also been used on college campuses and in churches to train thousands of men and women to effectively share their faith.
- Often This World Seems Like A Nightmare. Human Trafficking, Young Girls Trapped In Brothels, Child Soldiers Forced To Become Killers, Unchecked Plagues And Diseases, Economic Injustice And The Oppression Of The Poor. Millions Around The World Are Trapped In This Nightmare, And We May Feel Helpless To Do Anything About It. But God Has A Dream. York Moore Paints A Vivid Picture Of How The Dream Of God Is Breaking Into History To Make All Things New. Through The Death And Resurrection Of Jesus, God Is Bringing An End To The World's Nightmare Of Sin And Death. Scripture's Vision Of Jesus' End-time Work Shows How The Wrongs Will Be Made Right, And God's Just Judgment Is Good News For The World. Unpacking How The Bible Describes The Last Things, Moore Shows How We Can Partner With God As He Brings His Dream To Reality. Every Time A Well Is Dug For A Community, Food Is Provided For The Hungry Or Sex Traffickers Are Brought To Justice, The Dream Begins To Take Hold. This Is No Mere Wishful Thinking. The Dream Of God Is More Real Than Your Dreams Could Ever Imagine. It Is What We Were Created For. So Wake Up From The Nightmare And Join In What God Is Doing In The World. And Flourish As Your Own Dreams Are Transformed By God's Dream For All Creation.
- 2. Between Two Dreams
- 3. Power In The Blood
- 4. The End-time Work Of Christ
- 5. A War-waging Jesus
- 6. A Global Invitation Of Joy
- 7. The Wedding Of All Time
- 8. A Distant Thunder
- 9. The End Of Our Dream
- 10. Fire In The Sky
- 11. God’s Great City
- 12. The Dream Of God And Mission
- 13. A Dream Beyond Justice
- 14. Joining God In Making All Things New