Making Work Work: (8 Studies) (The Good Book Guides Series)
Most of us spend most of our waking hours at work. It takes up most of our energy and often most of our emotions. It is at times really fulfilling, and at other times utterly frustrating. It keeps a roof...
Available Now.6 Available
You may also like
Most of us spend most of our waking hours at work. It takes up most of our energy and often most of our emotions. It is at times really fulfilling, and at other times utterly frustrating. It keeps a roof over our heads and food on our tables... but is there any more to work than that? Christians can feel that what they do Monday to Friday is irrelevant to their faith; or, worse, gets in the way of them living out their faith. Others who don't go to work in an office or factory can feel that they are of little worth. Could work-should work-be anything more than something to go to, make money at, and return home from? The Bible's answer is: Yes! Whether you go out to work, or are a parent whose work is at home... whether you're out of work, starting your first job, running a company, or retired... these eight studies will show you, excite you and challenge you with God's perspective on working in His world.
Marcus Nodder is senior pastor of St. Peter's Barge-a floating church in London's Canary Wharf. He is married to Lina and has four children.
- Why Study Making Work Work?
- 1. Purpose At Work (genesis 1 V 26 - 2 V 25)
- 2. Trouble At Work (genesis 3; 4; 11; 31)
- 3. Saviour At Work (ephesians 2; 4)
- 4. Rest From Work (hebrews 3 V 7 - 4 V 11)
- 5. Wisdom At Work (proverbs 31)
- 6. Witness At Work (colossians 3 V 22 - 4 V 6)
- 7. Money And Work (1 Timothy 6 V 6-10, 17-19)
- 8. Worry At Work (matthew 6 V 25-34)
- Leader's Guide