Mark: The Gospel of Passion (Biblical Imagination Series)
"Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you into fishers of men!" Immediately they left their nets and followed Him. --Mark 1:17-18 The Gospel of Mark is a book of action and passion. Events happen one after another,...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
"Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you into fishers of men!" Immediately they left their nets and followed Him. --Mark 1:17-18 The Gospel of Mark is a book of action and passion. Events happen one after another, with a vivid sense of immediacy and urgency. Jesus’ emotions come through strongly--at times he is angry and distressed, other times filled with compassion. In this volume, Michael Card provides a lively tour of the Gospel of Mark. As a friend and interpreter of Simon Peter, Mark gives firsthand glimpses of the life and ministry of Jesus in vibrant and energetic narration. The first Gospel to be written, Mark is a "pamphlet for hard times," encouraging Christians that all their sufferings were already endured by Jesus. Accompany Mark on his journey with Jesus. The more clearly you see Jesus here, the greater your passion will be for him.
Michael Card is an award-winning musician, performing artist and writer of "El Shaddai," "Immanuel" and many other songs. He has produced over 21 albums. He has also written numerous books, including A Fragile StoneThe Emotional Life of Simon Peter; Scribbling in the Sand: Christ and Creativity; A Violent Grace; The Parable of Joy and Sleep Sound in Jesus (a children's book).
A graduate of Western Kentucky University with a bachelor's and master's degrees in biblical studies, Card is currently at work on a Ph.D. in classical literature. He also serves as mentor to many younger artists and musicians, teaching courses on the creative process and calling the Christian recording industry into deeper discipleship. Card lives in Tennessee with his wife and four children.
- Preface: The Biblical Imagination
- Introduction: Who Is Mark?
- Major Themes
- The So-called Messianic Secret
- The Fiery Trial
- The Gospel Of Passion: The Emotional Life Of Jesus
- Mark 1
- Mark 2: Stories Of The Inappropriateness Of Jesus
- Mark 3: Discipling The Disciples
- Mark 4: Second Stage Of Galilean Ministry
- Mark 5: People At Jesus' Feet
- Mark 6: Two Banquets
- Mark 7
- Mark 8
- Mark 9
- Mark 10: Four Questions
- Mark 11
- Mark 12: Final Questions
- Mark 13: The Simplicity Of Jesus' End-time Teaching
- Mark 14
- Mark 15
- Mark 16
- A. Ancient Sources On The Relationship Between Peter And Mark
- B. References To The Emotional Life Of Jesus In The Gospels
- C. Historical References To The Period Of Mark's Gospel
- D. References To Mark In The New Testament
- E. The Additional Ending Of Mark
- About The Author
- About The Biblical Imagination Series