Marks of the Messenger
Many think evangelism is rooted in a method. It is rooted in something much deeper. It is found in what makes us whole and healthy messengers of God's truth about Jesus. ^^Mack Stiles has lived the life of...
Available Now.2 Available
You may also like
Many think evangelism is rooted in a method. It is rooted in something much deeper. It is found in what makes us whole and healthy messengers of God's truth about Jesus.
^^Mack Stiles has lived the life of the healthy evangelist in homes and coffee shops, at universities and farms. He has lived out and spoken about the gospel to Kenyans, Koreans, Arabs and North Americans. What he has learned around the world and at home is summarized here in a few basic truths that can shape any of us into faithful people who bring good news to needy and hurting friends.
^^The whole gospel changes much more than our relationship with God. Stiles shows how it changes all of who we are and what we do. It means learning the whole gospel without shaping its message to meet our tastes. It means not just going through the motions of accepted behaviors. It means showing the unity of witness and justice. It means love. It means community.
^^Join Mack Stiles in a life-giving adventure of boldly knowing, living and speaking the gospel.^
Short-term missions expert Stiles shows how an integrated approach of knowing the gospel, living the gospel, and speaking the gospel makes Christians whole, healthy evangelists.
Mack Stiles is CEO of Gulf Digital Solutions and general secretary for the Fellowship of Christian UAE Students (FOCUS) in the United Arab Emirates. He has worked for many years with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in the United States. He is the author of Speaking of Jesus; Marks of the Messenger: Knowing: Living and Speaking the Gospel and 17 Things My Kids Taught Me About God: Parables of Spiritual Sight, and coauthor with his wife of Mack and Leeann's Guide to Short-Term Missions.
- Foreward By Mark Dever
- 1 Roger's Question: Don't Peddle The Gospel
- 2 Students Of The Message: Don't Add Or Subtract From The Gospel
- 3 On Your Guard: Don't Assume The Gospel
- 4 Does The Message We Share Look Like The Message We Bear? Living The Implications Of The Gospel
- 5 Messengers In A Troubled World: The Gospel And Social Change
- 6 Waving The Flag: Understanding True Biblical Conversion
- 7 Be Bold: Slaying The Fear Factor When Sharing Our Faith
- 8 Worldly Love And Its Fruits: Mistaking The World's Love For God's Love
- 9 The Gospel Made Visible: The Church
- 10 A Manifesto For Healthy Evangelism: Taking Action