Marriage in the Middle
Midlife is a season of challenge and change-professionally, relationally, physically, and spiritually. On our better days, we experience a sense of growing clarity and satisfaction about who we are. We might even be coming to terms with our limitations and...
You May Also Like
Midlife is a season of challenge and change-professionally, relationally, physically, and spiritually. On our better days, we experience a sense of growing clarity and satisfaction about who we are. We might even be coming to terms with our limitations and vulnerabilities, letting go of some dreams and creating new ones. But many days, we are overwhelmed and exhausted by the intense transitions of this season, leaving us feeling off-balance and insecure. And these challenges reverberate through our marriages, making us wonder how we're going to survive. Though many assume that "midlife" is synonymous with "crisis," Dorothy Littell Greco reminds us that it doesn't have to be that way. The demands of midlife actually force us to adjust and adapt, providing new opportunities for discovery and growth within our marriages. With vulnerability and insight, Marriage in the Middle will inspire and encourage you to invest in your relationship with your spouse, enabling you both to thrive as you face the challenges and changes of this era together.
Dorothy Littell Greco is a writer and professional photographer living near Boston. The author of Making Marriage Beautiful, Dorothy and her husband lead workshops and retreats, and have been helping couples sustain healthy marriages for over twenty years.
- Midlife Is A Season Of Challenge And Change-professionally, Relationally, Physically, And Spiritually. On Our Better Days, We Experience A Sense Of Growing Clarity And Satisfaction About Who We Are. We Might Even Be Coming To Terms With Our Limitations And Vulnerabilities, Letting Go Of Some Dreams And Creating New Ones. But Many Days, We Are Overwhelmed And Exhausted By The Intense Transitions Of This Season, Leaving Us Feeling Off-balance And Insecure. And These Challenges Reverberate Through Our Marriages, Making Us Wonder How We're Going To Survive. Though Many Assume That "midlife" Is Synonymous With "crisis," Dorothy Littell Greco Reminds Us That It Doesn't Have To Be That Way. The Demands Of Midlife Actually Force Us To Adjust And Adapt, Providing New Opportunities For Discovery And Growth Within Our Marriages. With Vulnerability And Insight, Marriage In The Middle Will Inspire And Encourage You To Invest In Your Relationship With Your Spouse, Enabling You Both To Thrive As You Face The Challenges And Changes Of This Era Together.
- 1. The Paradox Of Midlife Marriage: Crisis Or Opportunity?
- 2. Telos: What Was, What Is, And What's To Come
- 3. Ontological Changes: Reading Glasses, Receding Hairlines, And Reorganized Hormones
- 4. Pulled In Two—or More—directions: How Midlife Caregiving Affects Marriage
- 5. Decoding Disappointment: The Road To Contentment
- 6. Navigating Trauma And Loss: The Real Crises
- 7. Created To Connect: How Attachment Issues Affect Marriage
- 8. Sex, Part One: How Did We Get Here?
- 9. Sex, Part Two: Where We Are Now
- 10. Community: We'll Get By With A Little—or Lot—of Help From Our Friends
- 11. Becoming Marriage Visionaries
- Additional Resources