We become what we say. How do you grow your church in its health and mission? Sometimes our communities lack focus or vision. We lose sight of our ministry priorities, or our people don't have concrete reminders of why we...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
We become what we say.How do you grow your church in its health and mission? Sometimes our communities lack focus or vision. We lose sight of our ministry priorities, or our people don't have concrete reminders of why we do what we do. We need concise, memorable tools for cultivating culture, communicating ministry vision, and developing leaders.The language we use shapes our communities. Pastors J.R. Briggs and Bob Hyatt share seventy-five short and memorable mantras they use to cast vision, inspire ministry, and create a healthy church culture. These brief chapters provide a wealth of practical wisdom for leadership, discipleship, community, and witness, embodying best practices with vivid stories of on-the-ground ministry.These bite-sized ministry insights are ideal for church leaders to discuss with their teams and implement in their communities. They provide accessible handles for growing the health of your local church, for the sake of the kingdom.
Bob Hyatt is the founding pastor of Evergreen Community in Portland, Oregon. In addition to being a pastor, he also serves as a spiritual director and coaches pastors and church planters towards Jesus-focused success in ministry. A graduate of Western Seminary, Bob is the director of Church & Movement Multiplication for the Ecclesia Network. He is married to Amy and together they have three children.
JR Briggs pastors Pierced Chapel, a vibrant emergent community of twentysomethings in Colorado Springs, Colorado. His works have been published in Discipleship Journal, Rev, and Relevant Magazine. JR and his wife, Megan, live in Colorado.
- <strong>we Become What We Say.</strong>how Do You Grow Your Church In Its Health And Mission? Sometimes Our Communities Lack Focus Or Vision. We Lose Sight Of Our Ministry Priorities, Or Our People Don't Have Concrete Reminders Of Why We Do What We Do. We Need Concise, Memorable Tools For Cultivating Culture, Communicating Ministry Vision, And Developing Leaders.the Language We Use Shapes Our Communities. Pastors J.r. Briggs And Bob Hyatt Share Seventy-five Short And Memorable Mantras They Use To Cast Vision, Inspire Ministry, And Create A Healthy Church Culture. These Brief Chapters Provide A Wealth Of Practical Wisdom For Leadership, Discipleship, Community, And Witness, Embodying Best Practices With Vivid Stories Of On-the-ground Ministry.these Bite-sized Ministry Insights Are Ideal For Church Leaders To Discuss With Their Teams And Implement In Their Communities. They Provide Accessible Handles For Growing The Health Of Your Local Church, For The Sake Of The Kingdom.
- <strong>part I: Mantras For Leaders</strong>
- Section One: Leadershipsection Two: Visionsection Three: Motivationsection Four: Ministrysection Five: Pastoral Caresection Six: Leadership Developmentsection Seven: Opportunitiessection Eight: Successsection Nine: Self-management, Spirituality And Personal Issues
- <strong>part Ii: Mantras For The Community</strong>
- Section One: Expectationssection Two: Communitysection Three: Formationsection Four: Conflictsection Five: Outreachsection Six: Stewardship
- Epilogue: The Tomb Is Empty—the Pressure's Offacknowledgmentsreflection Questionsabout The Authorsnotes