Mission 3: 16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16 Paul Borthwick unpacks the Bible's most famous verse to unveil God's intentional,...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16 Paul Borthwick unpacks the Bible's most famous verse to unveil God's intentional, sacrificial mission for the world. He examines every word in John 3:16 to reveal the underlying motivation for mission, the global scope of God's call, and how we are invited to enter into partnership with God. This mission statement highlights the centrality of Jesus and the relational nature of the invitation to follow him-for the world to escape perishing and enter eternal life. God still loves the world, and we can too. Come join him on this mission of love and discover how he brings the world back to life.
Paul Borthwick is senior consultant for Development AssociatPaul Borthwick is senior consultant for Development Associates International and teaches missions at Gordon College in Wes International and teaches missions at Gordon College in Wenham, Massachusetts. Through his speaking, writing and resoenham, Massachusetts. Through his speaking, writing and resource ministry, Borthwick works to mobilize others to particiurce ministry, Borthwick works to mobilize others to participate in world missions. Previously he served for more than tpate in world missions. Previously he served for more than tC
- <strong>"for God So Loved The World That He Gave His One And Only Son, That Whoever Believes In Him Shall Not Perish But Have Eternal Life." -john 3:16</strong> Paul Borthwick Unpacks The Bible's Most Famous Verse To Unveil God's Intentional, Sacrificial Mission For The World. He Examines Every Word In John 3:16 To Reveal The Underlying Motivation For Mission, The Global Scope Of God's Call, And How We Are Invited To Enter Into Partnership With God. This Mission Statement Highlights The Centrality Of Jesus And The Relational Nature Of The Invitation To Follow Him-for The World To Escape Perishing And Enter Eternal Life. God Still Loves The World, And We Can Too. Come Join Him On This Mission Of Love And Discover How He Brings The World Back To Life.
- 1. Entering Into John 3
- 2. "for God": God, The Great Pursuer
- 3. "so Loved": Love, The Underlying Motive
- 4. "the World": The Target Of God's Love
- 5. "that He Gave": Sacrifice, The Foundation
- 6. "his One And Only Son": Jesus, The Center Point Of Salvation
- 7. "that Whoever Believes In Him": The Invitation, A Relationship With God Through Jesus
- 8. "should Not Perish": The Warning, To Escape Condemnation
- 9. "but Have Eternal Life": The Goal, A Living, Vital, Eternal Relationship With God
- 10: The Challenge: Living A John 3:16 Lifestyle
- Epilogue: Always On Mission