New Testament Essentials
:"I was introduced to the gospel of Jesus Christ as a college student. The Jesus of the New Testament overwhelmed me, and by God's grace Jesus still does," writes professor Robbie Castleman, author of New Testament Essentials. Her love of...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
:"I was introduced to the gospel of Jesus Christ as a college student. The Jesus of the New Testament overwhelmed me, and by God's grace Jesus still does," writes professor Robbie Castleman, author of New Testament Essentials. Her love of Jesus and Scripture is evident in this study, which seeks to answer the question Jesus' disciples posed: "What kind of man is this?" (Matthew 8:27). New Testament Essentials introduces us to the New Testament in three parts: The revelation of God in Jesus Christ, the indwelling of God in the church by the Holy Spirit and the present and coming kingdom of God. In each of the twelve studies the author helps us to hear Scripture in its own historical and cultural context before guiding us to apply it to our own context. Jesus' life, teachings and works were thoroughly grounded in the Hebrew Scriptures. And so each session includes a special feature called "Connecting to the Old Testament." Through this you will begin to discover the links between the two testaments and gain a fuller sense of our unfolding salvation history. Following a format similar to the other volumes of the Essentials series, each of the 12 sessions includes the following elements:
A memory verse
A Bible study
A life application section
"Connecting to the Old Testament" feature
Designed to work well on your own, with a partner or in a small group, New Testament Essentials offers a comprehensive overview that will enrich your knowledge and deepen your faith.
Robbie F. Castleman (D.Min., University of Dubuque) is associate professor of biblical studies and theology at John Brown University in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. She previously served for several years as a staff member with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, specializing in ministry to graduate students at campuses in and around Tallahassee, Florida. She is the author of the Fisherman Bible Guides; Miracles, Elijah, David and King David (Shaw/Waterbrook) and the IVP Connect LifeGuide Bible Study Peter and The Story of Scripture: The Unfolding Drama of the Bible, and she is a contributor to the book For All the Saints (Knox/Westminster).
- <strong>part I: The Revelation Of God In Jesus Christ</strong>
- 1. Jesus, The Messiah2. Jesus, The Lord Of Heaven And Earth 3. Jesus’ Work: True Righteousness4. Jesus’ Teaching: True Holiness5. Jesus, The Incarnate And Risen Savior
- <strong>part Ii: The Indwelling Of God In The Church By The Holy Spirit</strong>
- 6. The Spirit As The New Emmanuel: God With Us7. The Church As The Body Of Christ: One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism8. The Mission Of God Through The Church
- <strong>part Iii: The Present And Coming Kingdom Of God</strong>
- 9. Community Relationships: The Kingdom Of Self-emptying Love10. Community Of Integrity And Character: The Kingdom Of Servant Leaders11. Community Of Faithfulness: The Kingdom Of Steadfast Obedience And Hope12. Community Of Joy: The Kingdom Coming In Fullness