New Testament History
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 5 to 6 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
God's authoritative message in the New Testament is applicable in every age and is best understood when studied in relation to its historical context. Richard L. Niswonger presents the major events of the life and ministry of Jesus, the missionary work of Paul, and the building of the apostolic church. He does this by introducing the reader to the historical, religious, and political setting of the New Testament and recounting the events with simplicity and directness. The book has more than ninety photographs and maps.
- List Of Appendixes
- List Of Illustrations
- List Of Maps
- 1. Palestine And The Nations, 332--40 B.c.
- 2. Herod The Great
- 3. Judaism In The Christian Era
- 4. Religion And Philosophy In The Roman Era
- 5. Jesus And History
- 6. Jesus: The Early Years And The Roman Environment
- 7. The Ministry Of Jesus
- 8. The Passion Week And The Resurrection
- 9. The Jerusalem Church
- 10. Paul The Missionary
- 11. The Outreach To The Gentiles
- 12. Church And Empire In The Era Of Claudius And Nero
- 13. The Church In Crisis
- 14. The Last Decades
- 15. Conclusions
- List Of Ancient Works
- Bibliography Of Modern Works