NLT Christian Basics Bible (Black Letter Edition)
Foundations of the faith for followers of Christ. "I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep...
Available Now.50+ Available
You may also like
- New Living TranslationComparison
- 9.25 ptBible Print Sizes
- Black Lettering
- Ribbon Marker
- Topical Index
Foundations of the faith for followers of Christ.
"I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock." - Luke 6:47-48
Every builder understands that a structure is only as good as its foundation. The same is true of your life in Christ. As a follower of Christ, you know that the foundations of your faith are found in Scripture. But the amount of information - not to mention its complexity - can seem overwhelming. The Christian Basics Bible is designed to help you connect biblical teachings to Christian beliefs and build a rock-solid faith.
FEATURES providing the perfect balance of information and application:
- Basic truths of the Christian faith is a topical guide to help you find and understand the answers that God's Word provides on many basic questions about life and faith.
- 500+ Foundation notes address historical, cultural, biographical, social, practical, and theological issues throughout the Bible.
- Book introductions include a short summary of the book's content, an outline of the book, a summary of the book's content in more detail, and an explanation of the book's relevance for today.
- Cross-references direct readers to notes relevant to a passage on the current page.
- Visual overview of the Bible is a 16-page, full-color set of maps and infographics that provides an engaging survey of the Bible's story.
Additional features include a timeline of events in the Bible, background information about what happened between the two Testaments, and articles on "Becoming a Christian," "Now that You Are a Christian," and "What Is the Bible?"
A vibrant Christian life awaits you. Let the Christian Basics Bible help you become grounded and confident in what you believe and why you believe it.
:New to the Bible? Either because you have become a Christian recently, or because somehow the Bible seems to have passed you by? Then this edition is for you! Whether you are reading the Bible for the first time or not, its variety of material-not to mention its length-can seem overwhelming. It can be difficult for readers new to Scripture to explore its teachings and to see how Christian beliefs are established in its pages. But understanding both what we believe and why we believe it provides the foundation for a grounded Christian faith. The Christian Basics Bible is filled with features designed to help readers-especially those new to the Bible-connect biblical teachings to Christian beliefs and to see how those beliefs apply to their lives. By delivering the right amount of both information and application, The Christian Basics Bible can become the catalyst for living a vibrant Christian life.
- Catalogue Code 479665
- Product Code 9781496413550
- ISBN 1496413555
- EAN 9781496413550
- Pages 1664
- Department Bibles
- Category New Living Translation
- Sub-Category Text
- Publisher Tyndale House
- Publication Date Sep 2017
- Sales Rank 7086
- Dimensions 238 x 154 x 40mm
- Font Size 9.25pt
Martin Manser has compiled and edited Bible reference material and English-language dictionaries for nearly thirty years. He lives in Aylesbury, England. He and his wife have two children.