Not Done Yet: Reaching and Keeping Unchurched Emerging Adults
:Nones claim no religion. Dones have become disillusioned and left the church. Research shows many young adults are landing in one of these camps. But that's not the end of the story. Many emerging adults, ages eighteen to thirty-three,...
In Stock16 available
You May Also Like
:Nones claim no religion. Dones have become disillusioned and left the church. Research shows many young adults are landing in one of these camps. But that's not the end of the story. Many emerging adults, ages eighteen to thirty-three, are tossing aside the none and done labels and are instead embracing a transformative Christian faith. Based on her extensive research, scholar-practitioner Beth Seversen outlines a model for how to engage and retain millennials and Generation Z in the life of the local church. Emerging adults are likely to experience spiritual transformation in churches that welcome them into community, provide meaningful opportunities to make a difference, and invest in their development. Whether you're a senior pastor or a youth minister, a parent or an educator, Not Done Yet will open your eyes to the generational barriers to vibrant faith while equipping you with insights to make your outreach to emerging adults more authentic and impactful.
Beth Seversen has served as a ministry leader at Elmbrook Church, Waukesha, WI. She was formerly associate pastor of women's ministries at Elmbrook Church.
- 1. It's Complicated! A Long, Winding Road To Identity Formation
- 2. Practice 1 | Initiate: Friendship An Incubator For Faith Or Connecting The Dots
- 3. Practice 2 | Invite: You Don't Have To Believe To Come To Church
- 4. Invitational Culture: "open The Door And See All The People"
- 5. Leading Invitation Culture
- 6. Practice 3 | Include: Super Glue For Emerging Adults
- 7. Practice 4 | Involve: Contributing Before Committing
- 8. Practice 5 | Invest: The Church Is Here For You
- 9. What's A Pastor To Do? Leadership In Evangelism And Beyond
- 10. Attracting Emerging Adults: Connecting Evangelism, Discipleship, And Mission
- 11. A New Paradigm: Revisioning Evangelism Inside The Church Box
- 12. Tripping Hazards: Balancing Orthodox Distinction And Culture Engagement
- 13. True North: I Just Wanted To Know You Were For Real