Old Testament Essentials: Creation, Conquest, Exile and Return
Respected Bible scholar Tremper Longman presents an accessible study resource especially designed for small groups. In 17 sessions, Longman surveys key texts and themes from the Old Testament, with connections to the New. Each session includes questions, memory verse, and...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives. eBook is Available.0 Available. Expected to ship in 4 to 5 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
Respected Bible scholar Tremper Longman presents an accessible study resource especially designed for small groups. In 17 sessions, Longman surveys key texts and themes from the Old Testament, with connections to the New. Each session includes questions, memory verse, and further reading guide. 214 pages.
This comprehensive guide from Old Testament professor Tremper Longman offers readers a survey of the Old Testament in the context of a small group. Each study contains a question?answer format, a field-tested inductive Bible study and questions to draw out key principles.
Tremper Longman III (Ph.D., Yale University) is Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is also Visiting Professor of Old Testament at Mars Hill Graduate School, Westminster Theological Seminary and adjunct at Fuller Theological Seminary.
He is the author of commentaries on The Book of Job and Proverbs (Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms); Exodus (The Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary) and Jeremiah, Lamentations (New International Biblical Commentary), Daniel (New Internatuional Version Application Commentary), Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs (New International Commentary on the Old Testament/ Cornerstone Commentary).
Longman is the author of How to Read Genesis; How to Read the Psalms; How to Read Proverbs; How to Read Exodus and Literary Approaches to Biblical Interpretation, and co-editor of A Complete Literary Guide to the Bible and co-author with Dan Allender of Bold Love, Cry of the Soul, Intimate Allies; The Intimate Mystery and The Intimate Marriage Bible Studies.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- 1 Creation: God Creates The Cosmos
- 2 Fall: Humanity Rebels Against The Creator
- 3 Abraham: The Father Of The Faith
- 4 Isaac And Jacob: The Promise Continues
- 5 Joseph: The Promise Survives
- 6 Exodus: God Saves His People From Bondage
- 7 Wilderness Wandering: God Refines His People
- 8 Law: God Makes His Will Known
- 9 Priests, Holy Place And Sacrifice: Coming Into The Presence Of The Lord
- 10 Conquest: God Gives His People The Land
- 11 Judges: Spiritual Confusion, Moral Depravity, Political Fragmentation
- 12 Saul, David And Solomon: The Rise Of Kingship
- 13 Psalms: Worshiping The Lord
- 14 Wisdom: Navigating The Turbulent Waters Of Life
- 15 Divided Monarchy: The Road To Judgment
- 16 Prophets: God’s Covenant Lawyers And Apocalyptic Visionaries
- 17 Exile And Return: Divine Hostility And Restoration