Pastors and church leaders often fall into the trap of people-pleasing. Charles Stone’s research on thousands of pastors and ministry leaders demonstrates the dangers of approval-motivated leadership. Bringing together biblical insights and neuroscience findings, Stone shows why we fall into...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 4 to 5 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
Pastors and church leaders often fall into the trap of people-pleasing. Charles Stone’s research on thousands of pastors and ministry leaders demonstrates the dangers of approval-motivated leadership. Bringing together biblical insights and neuroscience findings, Stone shows why we fall into people-pleasing patterns and what we can do to overcome these tendencies. With practical tools for individuals and teams, Stone offers concrete resources to help you and your leadership minimize people-pleasing and have more effective ministry.
Ms. Stone focuses on private equity and venture capital and is Chair of Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge's Fund Formation practice group. She has over 13 years of experience in a range of domestic and cross-border corporate and securities transactions and fund formation work. Heather has represented many private equity firms, as well as many growth-oriented software, emerging technology and media companies in all stages of development, from start-ups to multi-national public companies. In 2001, she was voted by Digital Industry as the "Best General Lawyer for a High-Tech Firm," and has been desig
- Introduction: My Personal Confession
- <strong>section I: The Problem Of People-pleasing In The Church Today</strong>
- Chapter 1: Has The People-pleaser Virus Infected Your Leadership?
- Chapter 2: What Makes Leaders Sick?
- Chapter 3: The Key To Health: A Strong Leadership Immune System
- <strong>section Ii: The Solution</strong>
- Chapter 4: The Rearview Mirror Look: Probe Your Past
- Chapter 5: The Search Within: Revisit Your Values
- Chapter 6: When Relationships Get Knotted Up: Expose Your Triangles
- Chapter 7: What’s Missing: Search For Your Gaps
- Chapter 8: Nitpickers And Stone Throwers: Engage Your Critics
- Chapter 9: Self-care: Nurture Your Soul Through Mindfulness
- Chapter 10: Are Your Reactions Showing?: Tame Your Reactivity
- Chapter 11: The Placebo Pastor
- <strong>section Iii: The Leader’s Toolbox</strong>
- Appendix A: The Seven-day Personal Development Plan
- Appendix B: The Eight-week Team Development Plan
- Appendix C: Research Methodology