Pastors and church leaders often fall into the trap of people-pleasing. Charles Stone’s research on thousands of pastors and ministry leaders demonstrates the dangers of approval-motivated leadership. Bringing together biblical insights and neuroscience findings, Stone shows why we fall into...
Available Now.1 Available
You may also like
Pastors and church leaders often fall into the trap of people-pleasing. Charles Stone’s research on thousands of pastors and ministry leaders demonstrates the dangers of approval-motivated leadership. Bringing together biblical insights and neuroscience findings, Stone shows why we fall into people-pleasing patterns and what we can do to overcome these tendencies. With practical tools for individuals and teams, Stone offers concrete resources to help you and your leadership minimize people-pleasing and have more effective ministry.
Ms. Stone focuses on private equity and venture capital and is Chair of Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge's Fund Formation practice group. She has over 13 years of experience in a range of domestic and cross-border corporate and securities transactions and fund formation work. Heather has represented many private equity firms, as well as many growth-oriented software, emerging technology and media companies in all stages of development, from start-ups to multi-national public companies. In 2001, she was voted by Digital Industry as the "Best General Lawyer for a High-Tech Firm," and has been desig
- Introduction: My Personal Confession
- <strong>section I: The Problem Of People-pleasing In The Church Today</strong>
- Chapter 1: Has The People-pleaser Virus Infected Your Leadership?
- Chapter 2: What Makes Leaders Sick?
- Chapter 3: The Key To Health: A Strong Leadership Immune System
- <strong>section Ii: The Solution</strong>
- Chapter 4: The Rearview Mirror Look: Probe Your Past
- Chapter 5: The Search Within: Revisit Your Values
- Chapter 6: When Relationships Get Knotted Up: Expose Your Triangles
- Chapter 7: What’s Missing: Search For Your Gaps
- Chapter 8: Nitpickers And Stone Throwers: Engage Your Critics
- Chapter 9: Self-care: Nurture Your Soul Through Mindfulness
- Chapter 10: Are Your Reactions Showing?: Tame Your Reactivity
- Chapter 11: The Placebo Pastor
- <strong>section Iii: The Leader’s Toolbox</strong>
- Appendix A: The Seven-day Personal Development Plan
- Appendix B: The Eight-week Team Development Plan
- Appendix C: Research Methodology