Person of Interest: Why Jesus Still Matters in a World That Rejects the Bible
: Dateline featured cold-case detective and best-selling author J. Warner Wallace investigates Jesus, the most significant person in history, like one of his "missing body, cold-cases," demonstrating why Jesus still matters today, even in a world that is skeptical of...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
Dateline featured cold-case detective and best-selling author J. Warner Wallace investigates Jesus, the most significant person in history, like one of his "missing body, cold-cases," demonstrating why Jesus still matters today, even in a world that is skeptical of the Bible.
Detective J. Warner Wallace listened to a pastor talk about Jesus and wondered why anyone would think Jesus was a person of interest.
Wallace was skeptical of the Bible, but he'd investigated several "no-body, missing person" cases in which there was no crime scene, no physical evidence, and no victim's body. He successfully identified and convicted the killers in these cases, even without evidence from the scene.
Could the historical life and actions of Jesus be investigated in the same way? Could the truth about Jesus be uncovered even without a body or a crime scene? In Person of Interest, Wallace describes his own personal investigative journey from atheism to Christianity, as he employs a unique investigative strategy to confirm the historicity and deity of Jesus--without relying on the New Testament manuscripts.
Imagining a scenario in which every New Testament document has been destroyed, Wallace carefully sifts through the evidence from history alone to reconstruct the identity of Jesus as the world's most important person of interest.
Person of Interest will:
Invite readers into the life of a cold-case detective as he uncovers the truth about Jesus, using the same approach he also employs to solve a real murder case Teach readers how to become good detectives, using an innovative and unique "'fuse' and 'fallout'" investigative strategy they can also use to examine other claims of history Show how Jesus changed the world and why He still matters today Help readers to explore common objections to Christianity
Creative, compelling, and unique in its approach, Person of Interest will strengthen the faith of believers, while engaging those who are skeptical and distrusting of the New Testament.
- Part 1: Events Preceding Jesus
- 1. The Prophecies Predicting The Coming Of The Messiah
- 2. The First Century Expectations Of A Messiah
- 3. The Pre-existing Mythologies That Resemble Jesus
- Part 2: Facts Surrounding The Life And Ministry Of Jesus
- 4. The Historical Reliability Of His Existence
- 5. The Reliability Of The Gospel Eyewitness Accounts Describing Him
- 6. The Nature Of Jesus Based On His Statements
- 7. The Nature Of Jesus Based On His Actions
- 8. The Nature Of Jesus Based On The Response He Received
- Part 3: Events Following The Resurrection And Ascension Of Jesus
- 9. The Response Of Non-christian Authors In The First And Second Century
- 10. The Response Of The Eyewitnesses And Their Students
- 11. The Response Of Non-canonical Authors
- 12. The Rapid Growth Of The Early Church
- 13. The Continuing Impact Of Jesus In The Lives Of Believers