Pharisees, Scribes and Sadducees in Palestinian Society (Biblical Resource Series)
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
Widely praised in its original edition and now part of the Biblical Resource Series, this volume offers a superb discussion of the role of the Pharisees, scribes, and Sadducees in Palestinian Jewish society. Applying a sociological approach to the biblical and literary sources, Anthony Saldarini accurately portrays these three most prominent groups of educated leaders in Jewish society and describes their relationship to other Jewish social movements from 200 B.C.E. to 100 C.E. Featuring a new foreword by James C. VanderKam, Pharisees, Scribes, and Sadducees in Palestinian Society will remain a standard point of reference for the continuing study of Judaism and Christian backgrounds.
- Part One Palestinian Society: The Problem Of Jewish Groups In Palestine
- A Sociological Approach
- Social Classes In Palestinian Jewish Society And The Roman Empire
- Social Relations And Groups In Palestine. Part Two The Literary Sources:
- The Pharisees And Saducees As Political Interest Groups In Josephus
- Josephus' Description Of The Pharisees And Saducees
- Paul The Pharisee
- The Pharisees, Scribes And Saducees In Mark And Matthew
- The Pharisees, Scribes And Saducees In Luke Acts And John
- The Pharisees And Saducees In Rabinnic Literature. Part Three
- Interpretation And Synthesis: The Social Roles Of Scribes In Jewish
- The Place Of The Pharisees In Jewish Society
- The Saducees And Jewish Leadership.