Please! No More Boring Sermons: Preaching For Australians
Ten preachers and teachers share contemporary insights and practical help for sermon preparation and delivery. Peter Adam, John Chapman, Richard Condie, John Dickson, Harry Goodhew, Michael Gourlay, Adrian Lane, Robin Payne, Keith Rayner, David Williams Not another...
Unavailable. Out of Print. Only available while stock lasts.Out of Print
You may also like
Ten preachers and teachers share contemporary insights and practical help for sermon preparation and delivery.
Peter Adam, John Chapman, Richard Condie, John Dickson, Harry Goodhew, Michael Gourlay, Adrian Lane, Robin Payne, Keith Rayner, David Williams
Not another book about preaching! As preparation for preaching is a solitary, time-consuming and responsible activity, no experienced preacher would uy such a book unless it contained different, contemporary, and practical advice and, as illustration of this, some real sermons already preached to real congregations with no thought of publication.
By inviting some highly credentialed preachers to contribute a chapter on a particular aspect of preaching and/or a sermon, the Simeon Association has given preachers a great gift in making this material available to fellow preachers and would-be preachers. Common themes display a variety of insights and aspects reflecting not only the topics under consideration, but the individual perception and gifts of the authors.
This collection contains ideas and practical help for experienced preachers who might wish that this wisdom was imparted to them long ago. Those new to preaching will learn skills and habits whose fruit will enrich the spiritual lives of their fellow Christians.
- Catalogue Code 265845
- Product Code 9780908284719
- ISBN 0908284713
- EAN 9780908284719
- Pages 188
- Department Academic
- Category Church
- Sub-Category Preaching/sermons
- Publisher Acorn Press
- Publication Date Jan 2007
- Sales Rank 65961
- Dimensions 235 x 170 x 12mm
- Weight 0.330kg
- The Simeon Association Inc.; About The Authors; Introduction; The Importance Of Preaching; Whatever Happened To Preaching?; The Character Of Preaching; The Preparation For Preaching; The Sound Of Preaching; Liturgical Preaching; 'please! No More Boring Sermons'; Preaching Old Testament Narrative; Preaching A Series; Occasional Preaching; Preaching That Converts The World; Sermons; Sermon On Colossians 1:19; Sermon On Philippians 3:10-14; Anglican Church Grammar School Founder's Day Sermon; Sermon On Suffering; William Tyndale And The Making Of The English Bible; Thomas Cranmer 1489-1556 Archbishop Of Canterbury, Martyr And Liturgist; Archbishop Cranmer's Immortal Bequest: The Book Of Common Prayer.