Why is everyone so angry online? The internet seems to have brought the world together only so we can tear each other apart. Social media platforms have become toxic and polarizing environments. Many of us are overwhelmed and disillusioned by...
You May Also Like
Why is everyone so angry online? The internet seems to have brought the world together only so we can tear each other apart. Social media platforms have become toxic and polarizing environments. Many of us are overwhelmed and disillusioned by endless online conflict and negativity. How did we get here, and what can we do about it? The internet changes not only how we communicate but also what we communicate. Pastor and former radio host Douglas Bursch provides a spiritual examination of why social media divides people and how Christians can address polarization through a ministry of peacemaking. Digital media dehumanizes and disembodies us, dulling our ability to know when to speak and when to remain silent. But healthy online communication is possible through a constructive posture of reconciliation. Bursch offers practical examples of how to proactively manage social media and handle online conflict in redemptive ways. Together we can change the discourse of online Christian communication. Discover how we can use social media in a positive, Christ-like manner.
- Why Is Everyone So Angry Online? The Internet Seems To Have Brought The World Together Only So We Can Tear Each Other Apart. Social Media Platforms Have Become Toxic And Polarizing Environments. Many Of Us Are Overwhelmed And Disillusioned By Endless Online Conflict And Negativity. How Did We Get Here, And What Can We Do About It? The Internet Changes Not Only How We Communicate But Also What We Communicate. Pastor And Former Radio Host Douglas Bursch Provides A Spiritual Examination Of Why Social Media Divides People And How Christians Can Address Polarization Through A Ministry Of Peacemaking. Digital Media Dehumanizes And Disembodies Us, Dulling Our Ability To Know When To Speak And When To Remain Silent. But Healthy Online Communication Is Possible Through A Constructive Posture Of Reconciliation. Bursch Offers Practical Examples Of How To Proactively Manage Social Media And Handle Online Conflict In Redemptive Ways. Together We Can Change The Discourse Of Online Christian Communication. Discover How We Can Use Social Media In A Positive, Christ-like Manner.
- 2. Internet-formed Identity
- 3. Detached Individualism
- 4. Never Fully Present
- 5. Arguing, Partisan, Segmented People
- 6. A Reconciling Current
- 7. An Online Savior
- 8. A Peacemaking Plan
- 9. Trolling For Jesus
- 10. When Justice Demands Conflict
- 11. The Power Of One Peacemaker
- 12. Make Room For The Lord