Prayer and Listening (Spiritual Disciplines Bible Study Series)
Most Christians have experienced the "laundry list" phase of spiritual life, in which praying means giving God an agenda of needs to handle.How do you move to having real conversation with God?How do you hear what God is saying back...
Available Now1 Available
You may also like
Most Christians have experienced the "laundry list" phase of spiritual life, in which praying means giving God an agenda of needs to handle.How do you move to having real conversation with God?How do you hear what God is saying back to you?How can you make your experience of God being with you part of everyday life?In this study guide, Jan Johnson covers the disciplines of prayer and of practicing God's presence. Going deeper in these areas will help you to draw closer to God in everything you do.
Jan Johnson, a spiritual director and a frequent speaker at retreats and conferences, is based near Los Angeles, California. She is the author of numerous books and Bible studies, including Enjoying the Presence of God, Growing Compassionate Kids and When the Soul Listens. She is also co-author (with Dallas Willard) of Dallas Willard's Study Guide to the Divine Conspiracy and Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice. Her most recent books are Invitation to the Jesus Life and Spiritual Disciplines Companion.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- Introducing <em>prayer & Listening</em>
- 1. Conversation With God - <em>genesis 15:1-17; 17:15-22; 18:1-15</em>
- 2. Praying With Authenticity - <em>psalm 74: 1-23</em>
- 3. The Prayer Of Request - <em>matthew 6:9-13</em>
- 4. Listening To God In Prayer - <em>1 Chronicles 14:8-17</em>
- 5. Interceding As Jesus Did - <em>luke 22:31-34</em>
- 6. Practicing God's Presence - <em>1 Thessalonians 5:16-18</em>
- Guidelines For Leaders
- Study Notes