Prayer (Christian Basics Bible Study Series)
This NIV-based study series links eight key aspects of discipleship with important books on those aspects by leading evangelical authors, such as John Stott, J I Packer, and Eugene Peterson. Each study focuses on spiritual growth through personal application, and...
Out of PrintUnavailable
You May Also Like
This NIV-based study series links eight key aspects of discipleship with important books on those aspects by leading evangelical authors, such as John Stott, J I Packer, and Eugene Peterson. Each study focuses on spiritual growth through personal application, and includes background notes, and help for leaders.
1. Praying Authentically/Nehemiah 1:5 -1.12. A Pattern For Prayer/Luke 11 :1 -103. Meeting The Mountain-Mover/Acts 4:23-314. Slowing Down To Pray/Psalm 1315. Tuning Into God's Voice/Luke 10:38 -426. Living In God's Presence/John 15:1-8
Do you have trouble finding time to pray?So much clamors for your attention: work, school, friends, family, church--the list goes on and on. Time for God and time to pray often seem impossible to fit into packed days and nights.Six studies based on Bill Hybels'sToo Busy Not to Prayshow you how to slow down, listen to God and find refreshment in his presence.
Bill Hybels is the founding and senior pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Illinois, one of the largest and most influential churches in North America, and the chairman of the board for Willow Creek Association. He convened The Global Leadership Summit in 1995, following a God-given prompting to help raise and develop the spiritual gift of leadership for the local church.
Both visionary and passionate about seeing every local church reach its full God-given potential, he speaks around the world on strategic issues related to leadership, evangelism, and church growth. An exceptional communicator, he is a best-selling author of more than 20 books on personal evangelism, marriage and especially on the subject of Christian leadership, including Just Walk Across the Room, Courageous Leadership and the newly released, The Power of a Whisper: Hearing God and Having the Guts to Respond.
Bill received a bachelor's degree in Biblical Studies and an honorary Doctorate of Divinity from Trinity College in Deerfield, IL. He and his wife, Lynne, have two adult children and one grandson.
- Getting The Most Out Of Christian Basics Bible Studies
- Introduction: Slowing Down To Be With God
- 1. Praying Authentically - <em>nehemiah 1:5-11</em>
- 2. A Pattern For Prayer - <em>luke 11:1-10</em>
- 3. Meeting The Mountain-mover - <em>acts 4:23-31</em>
- 4. Slowing Down To Pray - <em>psalm 131</em>
- 5. Tuning In To God's Voice - <em>luke 10:38-42</em>
- 6. Living In God's Presence - <em>john 15:1-8</em>
- Guidelines For Leaders
- Study Notes