Great ministers don't just happen. Great falls from ministry don't just happen either. A complex mix of factors both internal and external test the limits of your ability to minister wholeheartedly over the long haul. Senior pastor Brad Hoffmann and...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Great ministers don't just happen. Great falls from ministry don't just happen either. A complex mix of factors both internal and external test the limits of your ability to minister wholeheartedly over the long haul. Senior pastor Brad Hoffmann and licensed professional counselor Michael Todd Wilson work with pastors removed from their place of service. The common experiences of these pastors revealed patterns that consistently contributed to burnout, ineffectiveness and moral failure. If such patterns can be predicted, the authors reasoned, can they be prevented? Preventing Ministry Failure is a personal guidebook for pastors and other caregivers to prepare them to withstand common pressures and to flourish in the ministry God has called them to. Work through the exercises and reflections individually or in conversation with your peers, and you'll find yourself better equipped for the challenges of vocational ministry, and more conscious of the presence of God leading you on and restoring your soul.
Brad Hoffmann is senior pastor of Memorial Baptist Church in Baytown, Texas, and cofounder of ShepherdCare. He is co-author of Preventing Ministry Failure(Intervarsity Press).
Michael Todd Wilson is a licensed professional counselor and cofounder of ShepherdCare. He is the coauthor of Soul Virgins: Redefining Single Sexuality (Baker Books) and Preventing Ministry Failure(Intervarsity Press).
- Great Ministers Don't Just Happen. Great Falls From Ministry Don't Just Happen Either. A Complex Mix Of Factors Both Internal And External Test The Limits Of Your Ability To Minister Wholeheartedly Over The Long Haul. Senior Pastor Brad Hoffmann And Licensed Professional Counselor Michael Todd Wilson Work With Pastors Removed From Their Place Of Service. The Common Experiences Of These Pastors Revealed Patterns That Consistently Contributed To Burnout, Ineffectiveness And Moral Failure. If Such Patterns Can Be Predicted, The Authors Reasoned, Can They Be <em>prevented?</em> <em>preventing Ministry Failure</em> Is A Personal Guidebook For Pastors And Other Caregivers To Prepare Them To Withstand Common Pressures And To Flourish In The Ministry God Has Called Them To. Work Through The Exercises And Reflections Individually Or In Conversation With Your Peers, And You'll Find Yourself Better Equipped For The Challenges Of Vocational Ministry, And More Conscious Of The Presence Of God Leading You On And Restoring Your Soul.
- Foundation Stone 1: Intimacy: Connecting To The Heart Of Successful Pastoring
- Foundation Stone 2: Calling: Having The Power For Effectiveness In Ministry
- Foundation Stone 3: Stress Management: Avoiding Ineffectiveness In Ministry
- Foundation Stone 4: Boundaries: Protecting What Matters Most
- Foundation Stone 5: Re-creation: Necessary Fuel For Effective Long-term Ministry
- Foundation Stone 6: People Skills: Managing Your Church's Most Valuable Resource
- Foundation Stone 7: Leadership Skills