Psalms For You: How to Pray, How to Feel and How to Sing (God's Word For You Series)
Christopher Ash shows us how to read and apply the book of Psalms. He takes us through 15 pairs of psalms that represent various `types'-including some that are very familiar and some that are often ignored. He helps us to...
Pre-OrderExpected to ship February 2020 from Australia.
You may also like
Christopher Ash shows us how to read and apply the book of Psalms. He takes us through 15 pairs of psalms that represent various `types'-including some that are very familiar and some that are often ignored. He helps us to see how they are fulfilled by Jesus and therefore point to Jesus first and foremost, transforming how we read them, enjoy them and sing them. Christopher Ash comments that this understanding of the Psalms "can shape the dynamics of our Christian lives in ways that neither a dry and arid intellectualism nor a rootless emotionalism can do. The Psalms can make us Christians with deep feelings, deep emotions, deep thoughts, and deep desires."
Christopher Ash works for the Proclamation Trust as Director of the Cornhill Training Course. He is author of Marriage; Married for God; Out of the Storm and Teaching Romans (2 volumes). He is married to Carolyn and they have three sons and a daughter.
- 1. At The Entrance Gate (psalms 1-2)
- 2. The King's Victory (11, 20)
- 3. Psalms Of Trust (22-23)
- 4. Psalms Of Trust Ii (31, 40)
- 5. Learning To Lament (42-44)
- 6. Under Pressure (57, 59)
- 7. Creation To Redemption (65, 67)
- 8. Celebrating (45, 72)
- 9. The Pain Of Exile (73-74)
- 10. The Delight Of Home (84, 87)
- 11. Security (90-91)
- 12. Judgment And Rescue (95, 107)
- 13. Betrayal And Promise (109-110)
- 14. Going Up To Zion (122, 126)
- 15. Pain And Comfort (137, 139)
- 16. The Final Hallelujah! (145, 148)